Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

13 minutes ago, pwny said:

Because if we don’t flatten the curve and instead continue to allow a faster than exponential growth of cases, our entire ability to stop the virus from destroying the entire country goes out the window. We have to slow the spread so we can actually have enough resources to handle it. 

A million people getting it over the next 2 months is a lot easier to deal with than a million people getting it in a week.

Not only that but the strain on hospitals could be enough to cause problems with other people needing care not being able to. It could get to a point to where they have to turn people away because they don’t have space/tools to care for everybody. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Makes sense. I’m in New England and I know our administration has started to discuss the possibility of it.

My work went around today asking everybody if they had a computer and internet at home. I think it’s a matter of time before they send us home. 

6 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

My work went around today asking everybody if they had a computer and internet at home. I think it’s a matter of time before they send us home. 

My offices are now WFH until further notice (I was transitioning to a 100% Remote role anyways, but this makes it official).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

The thought of working in my underwear all day is rather enticing. 

The thought of you working in your underwear all day is rather enticing.

• Like 4

Distinct possibility that the FAA restricts air travel in the next 3-4 days.  

Travel returning you to home but not away for vacation/leisure.

Not sure if other types of "essential need " travel would be permitted. 

Just some scuttle I have heard .

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Distinct possibility that the FAA restricts air travel in the next 3-4 days.  

Travel returning you to home but not away for vacation/leisure.

Not sure if other types of "essential need " travel would be permitted. 

Just some scuttle I have heard .

The idea of restricting travel between States (essentially quarantining heavily effected States) is also reportedly being considered.

I live in Indiana but work in Michigan... Wonder if there would be exceptions allowing people to go to work if it did happen.