Tom Brady intends to leave Patriots

DigInBoys

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

He's probably going off completion percentage and not realizing New England was top 5 in dropped passes and the receivers couldn't separate on top of it which led to more throw aways and incompletions because of tighter coverage. How many time did we watch Brady shift around in the pocket for 4+ seconds waiting for someone to come open?

To add -- How many times did it appear that Brady was throwing it to nobody? Because the receivers literally weren't running the right routes, lol. Even Edelman for all he's done to carry the team on his end, ran some bad routes where the ball was 5 yards out in the opposite direction of where he cut off from.

Tom was seen upset about it all season. He was very vocal about it, without being direct and pointing fingers. And as mentioned, anyone with two eyeballs and a brain that watched more than 1-3 games this season would have seen that Tom isn't the problem.

The thing that bugs me even more is that "HeS rEgReSsInG, hE iSnT wHaT hE uSeD tO bE" statements people on here make. What is that supposed to even imply?

That Patriots went 12-4 in 2019, and it was entirely because of the defense and Tom making something out of nothing.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

To all pats fans, why would he stay outside of him being one of those rare players this day in age to stick with one team his entire career, what other reasons are there?

He lost his safety net in Gronk, he has edelman who is old as he is, sanu is no where near what he once was. Aj Green and Hunter Henry are being tagged so the veteran options are mediocre at best outside of Hooper. So tell me why would he want to come back to a bare cabinet of weapons? There are 3 teams who have 2 or more weapons that would be an easier way for him to have a better year and a better chance at a superbowl run with the Bucs, chargers, and titans. Both bucs and chargers have top 15 picks to add to those already weapons. He is the one who will command the offense  like he has been doing for years in NE so thats not going to change, so again I ask why would he stay? 

There is more to a team than the players.

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:
7 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

And as someone who watched virtually every snap of every Patriots game, I'm asking how. Because I don't see it. Can you tell how he declined? Without saying "duh, he's 42" or referencing his statistics.

None of them have an answer to this very specific question. I’ve killed basically every Brady-regress debate there is by asking it. He didn’t regress in any trait what so ever. Still has the same arm since 2015-2018 range of seasons. Mind still as sharp as ever. His accuracy, timing, anticipation are still world-class. And his pocket presence is still the best in the NFL. 

With most QBs, you’ll see their arms not have it anymore: Peyton at the end of 2014, Rivers in 2019, or injuries piling up: Steve Young/Dan Marino in 99, etc. None of those apply to Brady. 

He is just going to reference stats cause that’s all he cares about. He’s a stat junkie and PFF junkie who doesn’t watch anything. 

Use stats => you guys say we are box score scouting.

Use our eye test => we dont watch the game

There is literally nothing that we say that you guys dont discredit.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Use stats => you guys say we are box score scouting.

Use our eye test => we dont watch the game

There is literally nothing that we say that you guys dont discredit.

I'm not being argumentative but how many full games did you watch of the Patriots this season?

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

To add -- How many times did it appear that Brady was throwing it to nobody? Because the receivers literally weren't running the right routes, lol. Even Edelman for all he's done to carry the team on his end, ran some bad routes where the ball was 5 yards out in the opposite direction of where he cut off from.

Tom was seen upset about it all season. He was very vocal about it, without being direct and pointing fingers. And as mentioned, anyone with two eyeballs and a brain that watched more than 1-3 games this season would have seen that Tom isn't the problem.

The thing that bugs me even more is that "HeS rEgReSsInG, hE iSnT wHaT hE uSeD tO bE" statements people on here make. What is that supposed to even imply?

That Patriots went 12-4 in 2019, and it was entirely because of the defense and Tom making something out of nothing.

So much of McDaniel’s offense is predicated on the receivers ability to read the defense and adjust their route or change it depending on coverage and then for them to be on the same page with Brady. Option routes are a staple. When you have your first round rookie that struggles to separate, get off the line against press, read a defense, and grasp the offense (Harry), a receiver trying to learn the offense and get in sync with Brady in an option route heavy offense who didn’t spend OTA’s, training camp, preseason, or the first half of the season with him (Sanu), and a receiver kicked off the team who was one of Brady’s go to’s that saw only 6 less targets than Edelman through the first 5 weeks (Gordon)..... yeah it was definitely Brady who sucked all of a sudden 🙄🙄

Edited by dtait93

28 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Can you name a game from those 4-5 that showcases Brady being at fault?

I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying. Im not saying Brady is "at fault" for anything. I am saying he has regressed from GOAT to more of an average QB. He is no longer feared as the dude who will knife you every game like he was in his Manning/Brady rivalry heyday. Where it didnt matter if his WRs sucked, he would still be the single best player on the field for either team. 

Mahomes is elite. Brady is no longer elite. 

Jimmy G and Arod were both pretty average last year, and they played in the NFC Champ game. Being average/effective doesnt mean your team cant do very well. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying. Im not saying Brady is "at fault" for anything. I am saying he has regressed from GOAT to more of an average QB. He is no longer feared as the dude who will knife you every game like he was in his Manning/Brady rivalry heyday. Where it didnt matter if his WRs sucked, he would still be the single best player on the field for either team. 

Mahomes is elite. Brady is no longer elite. 

Jimmy G and Arod were both pretty average last year, and they played in the NFC Champ game. Being average/effective doesnt mean your team cant do very well. 

With that said, the point dtait was making was that you can't really judge him off the 2019 season. Comparable stats to 2013. Was he also just an average QB back in 2013?

14 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

With that said, the point dtait was making was that you can't really judge him off the 2019 season. Comparable stats to 2013. Was he also just an average QB back in 2013?

I dont remember 2013 games. But based on what dtait has said, he absolutely had an average season in 2013. Which happens, cant be all-prom/MVP every year.

A big thread, but a lot of people down on Brady.

I can see saying he might be at the end and he is declining, but to say he was always overrated?   I don't see that.

The Randy Moss team was probably the best offense in NFL history and only time he had a truly loaded offensive side of the ball (aside from him), they just didn't have a great last game.   He showed what he could do with real talent and that was basically score almost every possession.  

The Atlanta SB and the Philly SB he played out of his mind for long stretches.   Only reason Philly won was they took massive risks to keep putting points on board. 

As for now.  So are the detractors saying the Brady replacement will put up big points in NE next year?  We'll see.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

A big thread, but a lot of people down on Brady.

I can see saying he might be at the end and he is declining, but to say he was always overrated?   I don't see that.

The Randy Moss team was probably the best offense in NFL history and only time he had a truly loaded offensive side of the ball (aside from him), they just didn't have a great last game.   He showed what he could do with real talent and that was basically score almost every possession.  

The Atlanta SB and the Philly SB he played out of his mind for long stretches.   Only reason Philly won was they took massive risks to keep putting points on board. 

As for now.  So are the detractors saying the Brady replacement will put up big points in NE next year?  We'll see.

I like your Robin Hood avatar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

so whats your reasoning as to why he should stay? I am trying to figure out why pats fans are confident he sticks around rather then saying hes not leaving I want to know why he should stay?

Because he’s been there forever and knows the system, New England isn’t in a horrific position to fix the issues they had last season, The Hoodie is arguably the greatest NFL coach of all time, his close relationship to folks within the organization, perhaps loyalty to the fan base, and because going somewhere else just doesn’t make sense considering those things. 

If you consider money, New England already states they would pay him within the same range as other top QBs too.

Why change scenery?

• Like 1