Tom Brady intends to leave Patriots

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes and no.  Agree and disagree.  Ability is Rodgers.  Play is Brady.  At the same time, Rodgers getting paid as much as Brady and playing for the Patriots and Belichick instead changes this conversation completely.  Rodgers wins at least the same amount of Super Bowls as Brady did of he had played for the Patriots over that time.  Now imagine Brady on some of those Packers teams where the Packer defense was 30th, 22nd, 25th, etc in scoring.  Rodgers had a single top ten scoring defense in his career and won a Super Bowl.  

Both quarterbacks are overrated.  

And how the hell do you know that?

35 minutes ago, Elky said:

And how the hell do you know that?

Does anybody know anything?

It’s just conjecture.  I believe it, and I’m the biggest Rodgers hater on this site.  Those Patriots defenses were seriously underrated.  So is Belichick.  Brady is great, but the credit he gets is undeserved.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Does anybody know anything?

It’s just conjecture.  I believe it, and I’m the biggest Rodgers hater on this site.  Those Patriots defenses were seriously underrated.  So is Belichick.  Brady is great, but the credit he gets is undeserved.  

You clearly never watched our 2009, 2011 and 2017 defenses.

Edited by Elky

Just now, Elky said:

You clearly never watched our 2009, 2011 and 2017 defenses.

You mean the years Brady lost Super Bowls?  Lol, what point are you trying to make?

The worst was 2009 and Brady couldn't get out of the first playoff game. 

2011, the year where the defense allowed 10 points, 20 points and 21 points in the playoffs?  Must have been so rough for Brady.  Aaron Rodgers is undefeated in playoff games where his defense allowed under 23 points, but it must have been so rough for Brady to have to play three playoff games in 2009 where his defense allowed under 22 points.  Rodgers has only had 7 postseason games in his entire career where his defense allowed under 22 points, but it must have been rough for Brady that year. 

You're proving my point.  His defenses are underrated. 

27/41 of Brady's playoff games his defense allowed less than 23 points. 
Brady won half of the games in his career where his defense gave up more than 23 points.  Which is literally the average of every QB ever. 

He's not the miracle do it himself man you think he is. 

Patrick Mahomes just won a Super Bowl with the highest PPG from a defense throughout the playoffs in NFL HISTORY.  25 points per game.  The only other QB who came close was Montana when his defense gave up 24 points per game in the postseason.

I'm not trying to suggest Rodgers is better than Brady here, I'm just saying Brady was the luckiest SOB in the world to land with the Patriots.  He'd have three rings elsewhere.  Swap him and Peyton, Drew, Aaron and the Patriots have the exact same number of rings. 

QB is overrated. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You mean the years Brady lost Super Bowls?  Lol, what point are you trying to make?

2011, the year where the defense allowed 10 points, 20 points and 21 points in the playoffs?  Must have been so rough for Brady.  Aaron Rodgers is undefeated in playoff games where his defense allowed under 23 points, but it must have been so rough for Brady to have to play three playoff games in 2009 where his defense allowed under 22 points.  Rodgers has only had 7 postseason games in his entire career where his defense allowed under 22 points, but it must have been rough for Brady that year. 

Brady won half of the games in his career where his defense gave up more than 23 points.  Which is literally the average of every QB ever. 

Patrick Mahomes just won a Super Bowl with the highest PPG from a defense throughout the playoffs in NFL HISTORY.  25 points per game.  The only other QB who came close was Montana when his defense gave up 24 points per game in the postseason.

I'm not trying to suggest Rodgers is better than Brady here, I'm just saying Brady was the luckiest SOB in the world to land with the Patriots.  He'd have three rings elsewhere.  Swap him and Peyton, Drew, Aaron and the Patriots have the exact same number of rings. 

QB is overrated. 

Edit: reaction gif failed to upload. Oh well.

Edited by lolsurebro

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

QB is overrated. 

QB is overrated.. O.oO.o

Sure, QB is overrated when you're talking about swapping around 4 of the Top 10 QBs of all time...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

QB is overrated. 

Well, considering the ten points we allowed against Denver in 2011 was against Tim freaking Tebow isn't saying much. The defense that year allowed so many mediocre quarterbacks look like Joe Montana. Our 3rd down defense was bad too.

As for Patrick Mahomes, the main reason why KC won the Super Bowl was their improvement on defense. They gave up 31 points to Houston, but 24 of them came in the first half.

Brady is lucky he's in NE? You do realize they went 5-11 the year prior and started 2001 0-2 before he took over. He and Belichick inherited a bad team.

• Like 1