Tom Brady intends to leave Patriots

DigInBoys

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

This was a great breakdown by Alex Rollins. 

Belichick should have had his GM powers revoked after wasting a second round pick on a bum like Mohamed Sanu to replace AB, who has yet to be charged with anything mind you. Absolutely inexcusable decision.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Because he’s been there forever and knows the system, New England isn’t in a horrific position to fix the issues they had last season, The Hoodie is arguably the greatest NFL coach of all time, his close relationship to folks within the organization, perhaps loyalty to the fan base, and because going somewhere else just doesn’t make sense considering those things. 

If you consider money, New England already states they would pay him within the same range as other top QBs too.

Why change scenery?

Its not about the money the guy makes a ton of dough and it has shown that he is willing to take less. His brand makes him more money then probably what he gets in the NFL not to mention his wife and what she makes. So money is not the issue as to sign or not sign with Patriots. I think his issue is that he wants to win now and be competitive, with the players he has on offense I dont think he thinks he can compete. If he was going to sign with Pats because its the money and the loyalty he would have already done so but the fact he is willing to wait until FA starts means he wants the Pats to bring in talent he can work with and if he cant then he is ready to move on. Him and "the hoodie" havent been on the same page for a couple of years now it has come out publicly, maybe media blows it out of proportion or maybe it is worse then what we know but there is a rift and it came the offseason that Garapollo was being traded. All in all it wont surprise me if he ends up on one of the three teams I mentioned. I honestly want Brady to leave just to see how good both Bill and Tom are when they are apart. I want to see if he is one of the best HC with out having Tom on the team and see where he can go now without a HoF QB. Coaches make the players and the players make the coaches, so it will be interesting to see how the Pats are after the Brady era.

Here is my take on all of this.

Idc if Brady might not be the same guy, Mahomes is gonna be making 40M + soon, AR, Ben, etc ain't taking pay cuts. But NE is only willing to give Brady $30M? They deserve to lose him.

Will he return to NE? He might. But I have my doubts. The only team, to me, that really makes sense is Tennessee. They just need a QB and that team is primed for a run

33 minutes ago, Elky said:

Belichick should have had his GM powers revoked after wasting a second round pick on a bum like Mohamed Sanu to replace AB, who has yet to be charged with anything mind you. Absolutely inexcusable decision.

Dude if you think AB should be in the league then you are blind. He was a bad apple and has proven time and time again. He was just arrested for assaulting a mover who was dropping furniture off when AB refused to pay him. You honestly think he is mentally there to be in the NFL? I am not even a pats fan and know that the move of cutting that psycho was the smart thing to do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Dude if you think AB should be in the league then you are blind. He was a bad apple and has proven time and time again. He was just arrested for assaulting a mover who was dropping furniture off when AB refused to pay him. You honestly think he is mentally there to be in the NFL? I am not even a pats fan and know that the move of cutting that psycho was the smart thing to do. 

Who cares?! Most of these players are thugs. AB is paid to catch footballs, not be a boy scout.

38 minutes ago, Elky said:

Who cares?! Most of these players are thugs. AB is paid to catch footballs, not be a boy scout.

Now your just being racist, AB is in rare form there is a reason why 3 teams cut him in a 3 month span. He is a lunatic and needs to be put in his place and that is him not in the NFL. He tried to act bigger then a team/organization and that failed miserably. He is a womanizing, baby mama beater, who has mental issues and needs help. He should be in a psych ward over a football field.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Because he’s been there forever and knows the system, New England isn’t in a horrific position to fix the issues they had last season, The Hoodie is arguably the greatest NFL coach of all time, his close relationship to folks within the organization, perhaps loyalty to the fan base, and because going somewhere else just doesn’t make sense considering those things. 

If you consider money, New England already states they would pay him within the same range as other top QBs too.

Why change scenery?

Titans sorta make sense but they're loyal to their guy Tannehill at the moment which isn't very enticing if your looking from the outside-in with as much at stake as TB12.

Niners and Colts also make some sense but I don't think Brady would like the idea of taking over for Jacoby or Jimmy; they are friends and I imagine he'd feel like he was pushing them out of the opportunity/job they had earned already away from the Patriots.

Raiders and Chargers seems like a long-shot to me.

People have mentioned some other teams like the Cowboys but I just don't see it.

Edited by DoleINGout

12 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

This was a great breakdown by Alex Rollins. 

Soooo basically what all of us said who watched the games and have an understanding what New England’s offense tries to do and aren’t misled my box score scouting. Lol.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Titans sorta make sense but they're loyal to their guy Tannehill at the moment which isn't very enticing if your looking from the outside-in with as much at stake as TB12.

Niners and Colts also make some sense but I don't think Brady would like the idea of taking over for Jacoby or Jimmy; they are friends and I imagine he'd feel like he was pushing them out of the opportunity/job they had earned already away from the Patriots.

Raiders and Chargers seems like a long-shot to me.

People have mentioned some other teams like the Cowboys but I just don't see it.

I think the titans are "loyal" at the moment is because they dont have someone better in the bag. Im sure Titans are doing their work to quietly get someone like Brady and if they sniff that they do not have a shot they will fall back on Tannehill. To me Tannehill is a safety net and safe pick up for the right price. He was way to vanilla in Miami and he never lived up to a top 10 pick. He is at best a game manager which works for a lot of teams but if your down 21-7 against a reasonable offense your not going to get him to come out and win you the game. He is going to do enough on offense to count on the run game and defense to win them for you. To me the team I think has the best shot outside of Titans are the bucs. They have the pieces that would make Brady's life so much easier on offense. 

3 hours ago, Elky said:

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

3 hours ago, Elky said:

To be clear, though - Goodell made it be known that any NFL team signing AB after he got released would have led AB immediately being placed on the Commish's restricted list.  The only reason why AB isn't on the restricted list right now is because he's not signed.   If he was on NE's roster, he wouldn't have played another down last year.    

There's a lot of flak BB can take for giving up a 2nd round pick for Sanu, but releasing AB wasn't a move where there was going to be a different outcome than AB on the sidelines, and out of football indefinitely.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be clear, though - Goodell made it be known that any NFL team signing AB after he got released would have led AB immediately being placed on the Commish's restricted list.  The only reason why AB isn't on the restricted list right now is because he's not signed.   If he was on NE's roster, he wouldn't have played another down last year.    

There's a lot of flak BB can take for giving up a 2nd round pick for Sanu, but releasing AB wasn't a move where there was going to be a different outcome than AB on the sidelines, and out of football indefinitely.

We're just frustrated that we traded a 2nd round pick for someone who effectively did nothing but return the ball all season. In retrospect, we can now see that his ankle was quite literally jacked up so bad that it definitely had an effect on his ability. So, I am just remaining optimistic that if Sanu sticks around that he can recover well enough to perform and really get integrated into the team.

Good thing Brady will be sticking around to help him learn the ropes 9_9

On 2/27/2020 at 12:44 PM, SteelKing728 said:

He'll still be better than Aaron Rodgers, dude.

Yes and no.  Agree and disagree.  Ability is Rodgers.  Play is Brady.  At the same time, Rodgers getting paid as much as Brady and playing for the Patriots and Belichick instead changes this conversation completely.  Rodgers wins at least the same amount of Super Bowls as Brady did of he had played for the Patriots over that time.  Now imagine Brady on some of those Packers teams where the Packer defense was 30th, 22nd, 25th, etc in scoring.  Rodgers had a single top ten scoring defense in his career and won a Super Bowl.  

Both quarterbacks are overrated.  

• Like 1