Tom Brady intends to leave Patriots

DigInBoys

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Outpost hates Rodgers.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he "hates" Rodgers, but Outpost is probably the straightest shooting Packer fan there is when it comes to Rodgers.  He doesn't make excuses for the guy like the majority of the fanbase does.  He tells it like it is.  I think I've probably made more excuses for Rodgers over the years than Outpost has.  xD

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why wouldn’t you believe it’s gonna happen? The WR/TE/RB core Brady had last year was utterly pathetic. I’d be pissed. 

Exactly!  When you think about it, this is the perfect time for Brady to leave.  He gets to do like Peyton Manning and find the best team in the weakest division and give himself the best chance of success.  The chances are good that the Patriots aren't going to be able to pair any other QB with that pathetic supporting cast and expect to do as well as Brady likely will with his hand-picked supporting cast.  It's the smart thing to do if you are only going to play a year or two and you want to cement your legacy without BB.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick rebuild and be back in contention again, but it is going to take him a little while.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Exactly!  When you think about it, this is the perfect time for Brady to leave.  He gets to do like Peyton Manning and find the best team in the weakest division and give himself the best chance of success.  The chances are good that the Patriots aren't going to be able to pair any other QB with that pathetic supporting cast and expect to do as well as Brady likely will with his hand-picked supporting cast.  It's the smart thing to do if you are only going to play a year or two and you want to cement your legacy without BB.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick rebuild and be back in contention again, but it is going to take him a little while.

Interesting....Brady has been on the best team in the weakest division for the last 20 years.  What happens if he goes to another team and bombs it. (Nothing because he already washed up... It just shows how much Coach B was able to disguise. Brady literally can not leave New England for multiple reasons. Talent wise and what if the Patriots win division without him again with another nobody QB what does that say..

Edited by MrnastiesNO

4 minutes ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Interesting....Brady has been on the best team in the weakest division for the last 20 years.  What happens if he goes to another team and bombs it. (Nothing because he already washed up... It just shows how much Coach B was able to disguise. Brady literally can not leave New England for multiple reasons. Talent wise and what if the Patriots win division without him again with another nobody QB what does that say..

They might be able to win in that division.  If they do, what will it say?  It will say that it's a garbage division.  It won't say much until they get to the postseason.  The thing is, do you really think they are going to do anything in the playoffs with that supporting cast and a worse QB?

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Can't say I agree with that. What are you basing that on?

That's probably true, as long as BB is there...

Do you watch him actually play.  I not going on this long rant on why he is overrated and always has been. But will ask you these question?

1. What throws does he excel at

2. Every Comeback are there incredible throws or are they incredible catches.

3. Every comeback is he throwing the ball two yards deep and his wr's eating up the YAC due to system design.

Never was never anything special about him, he just had the luxury of having great coaching and great defense to take all pressure off him. If you don't believe watch his highlights. The all involve a giants  that uncoverable or a bunch of YAC.

There are a few teams he could excel on if he left the Patriots. The 49ers and maybe the Eagles but I cant see that happening at all why would he go to the NFC vs the AFC. He will stay in the AFC for the same reason P. Manning did. There is no competition.

Edited by MrnastiesNO

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

They might be able to win in that division.  If they do, what will it say?  It will say that it's a garbage division.  It won't say much until they get to the postseason.  The thing is, do you really think they are going to do anything in the playoffs with that supporting cast and a worse QB?

No they aren't unless they did the same thing they did for Brady when the won the early championships throw short systematic throws and pound the ball while relying on the defense to make key plays. (That being said they can beat the Ravens like that but they aren't going to beat the chiefs like that but with the right matchups they can make to the AFC championship. Texans aren't that good, Raven will be figured out by then, Steelers are iffy depends on Big Ben. 

2 minutes ago, MrnastiesNO said:

No they aren't unless they did the same thing they did for Brady when the won the early championships throw short systematic throws and pound the ball while relying on the defense to make key plays. (That being said they can beat the Ravens like that but they aren't going to beat the chiefs like that but with the right matchups they can make to the AFC championship. Texans aren't that good, Raven will be figured out by then, Steelers are iffy depends on Big Ben. 

Never say never I guess, especially when Belichick is involved, but I'd be willing to bet money that Brady does better next season somewhere else than BB does in New England without Brady.  We will see.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Never say never I guess, especially when Belichick is involved, but I'd be willing to bet money that Brady does better next season somewhere else than BB does in New England without Brady.  We will see.

I would put money on the fact that if he goes to a team that isn't run heavy he will have one of the worst years of his career. Better yet if he doesn't have a Yac monster of a slot receiver it will look even worst. After thinking the best team for Brady to go to would be the Rams. That offense is designed for his still set. Ball security and full of YAC monsters.

Look at Alex Smith, he was a better version of T. Brady. He just wasn't in the same situation as Brady. When he had a good team he made the playoffs and played better than Brady in the Playoffs.  Brady has been in a dream situation since day one. Do you think Brady really beat the Rams and the Falcons. No that was all coaching and incredible defense.

Look at Alex Smith, he was a better version of T. Brady. He just wasn't in the same situation as Brady. When he had a good team he made the playoffs and played better than Brady in the Playoffs.  Brady has been in a dream situation since day one. Do you think Brady really beat the Rams and the Falcons. No that was all coaching and incredible defense.

Can someone direct this guy to the loony bin?

Edited by Slingin' Sammy

19 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

19 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

Think about how they play and what they excel at. Think about decision making, accuracy, arm strength. Then think about talent around them and how they did with that talent. What does Brady does  better than Alex Smith? That's the question. There has never been anything special about Brady other than not turning the ball over. He know how to wait patiently for his defense to do their job.

When you ask yourself what made Tom Brady so special as a QB what will your answer be.

Edited by MrnastiesNO
edit

2 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Do you watch him actually play.  I not going on this long rant on why he is overrated and always has been. But will ask you these question?

1. What throws does he excel at

2. Every Comeback are there incredible throws or are they incredible catches.

3. Every comeback is he throwing the ball two yards deep and his wr's eating up the YAC due to system design.

Never was never anything special about him, he just had the luxury of having great coaching and great defense to take all pressure off him. If you don't believe watch his highlights. The all involve a giants  that uncoverable or a bunch of YAC.

I can answer these with one image. 

kbAVYr7uDlbD9HuYGXwwxxzRmv9EASnvZlb6XNDU

2 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

If Brady bombs he can blame it on age. He is 43. He has nothing to lose honestly. If he wins a SB on another team, he might be neck and neck with Michael Jordan as greatest team sports player ever. (No I don't think he's neck and neck with Jordan right now... not even a 7th with New England. It'd have to be a 7th on a new team).

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1