Tom Brady intends to leave Patriots

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Brady is in a perfect situation right now for his legacy.  Leave when you're 42 years old so if you fail you can blame age. 

I really wish he had left like 10 years ago. 

1st, 6th, 7th, 1st, 8th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 11th, Injury year, 6th, 8th, 1st, 2nd, 17th (lost divisional), 2nd, 1st.

Imagine being a QB and having a top 11 scoring defense for 16 years. 

Conversely, imagine being a defensive coordinator who gets a top 10 scoring offense every year for 17 years, plus the best starting field position in the league because of how rarely your offense turns the ball over.

Swings and roundabouts, as we say on this side of the Atlantic.

EDIT: On topic, this is hardly news. No agent is going to spread rumours saying "oh yeah, my client wants to stay, definitely". That torpedoes his bargaining position.

Edited by ChazStandard
  • Like 1

It's more likely that he stays in New England, because Robert Kraft will feel obliged to pay him whatever he needs to for him to stay.  

I think the option of him going to another team is also possible for the reason that he may want to prove that he can win a Super Bowl with another team.  

I don’t know how this is a shock to anyone. Adam reported this like Sept 30th that Brady and the Pats are likely done. Then reported it again a week later. No one wanted to believe it. Adam doesn’t report things unless he had extreme inside information. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

It would certainly make an interesting offseason if he goes to another team. I’m still not sure I see it happening though. 

I feel like there’s a lot of risk in him going to another organization. He’ll have to adjust to new coaches, new terminology, maybe new schemes, new teammates, new locations. There are a lot of variables for things not to go his way. If he really wants to show he’s the man behind Belichecks success then it is definitely a ballsy move.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t know how this is a shock to anyone. Adam reported this like Sept 30th that Brady and the Pats are likely done. Then reported it again a week later. No one wanted to believe it. Adam doesn’t report things unless he had extreme inside information. 

doesn't seem like anyone is shocked, seems like no one believes it 

• Like 1