Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Agree- why make the trade now? Better to wait for the draft for all parties. Both sides will have better info on options and for Redskins better chance to get a little higher pick as all the top tackles will come off earlier than early to mid second round. Meaning we might be able to get 74 rather than 97

You’re right.

I think Berry wants to trade down and accumulate picks. Adding Trent gives him incredible draft flexibility.

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m thinking a deal doesn’t happen until before the draft. Might happen on draft night.

Cleveland is probably still the most likely to trade imo. However, if we sign Clowney, we are out of the TW sweepstakes.

I feel the Vikes are #2 contender.

I think the Browns are most likely and like you said around or during the draft. The Vikings are #2. Then you have the Bucs, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Chargers and Jets as options also. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You’re right.

I think Berry wants to trade down and accumulate picks. Adding Trent gives him incredible draft flexibility.

Browns are thinking about trading down? If I was a browns fan, I’d be against it. It hasn't worked for them this decade. They traded down in 2011 & 2016 passing on Julio Jones & Carson Wentz.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Browns are thinking about trading down? If I was a browns fan, I’d be against it. It hasn't worked for them this decade. They traded down in 2011 & 2016 passing on Julio Jones & Carson Wentz.

Who knows where those guys even were on the teams board at the time. That’s why MMQBing the draft is an effort in futility, at least to me. 

I did some puzzling on who this Vikings guy’s source was. I was thinking about Lauvao, and I also thought about Kory Lichtensteiger. He played with Trent for 6-7 years, and they both follow each other on Twitter and IG. 

I don’t see any connection between Steiger and Minnesota (or bowhunting), but that was my best guess based on the facts we have at hand. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Who knows where those guys even were on the teams board at the time. That’s why MMQBing the draft is an effort in futility, at least to me. 

What? If Julio Jones wasn’t a top 10 prospect on their board or Wentz wasn’t their 2nd best QB on the board and worthy of a top 5 pick then their front office needed to be fired and oh yeah... that’s right, they were!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I did some puzzling on who this Vikings guy’s source was. I was thinking about Lauvao, and I also thought about Kory Lichtensteiger. He played with Trent for 6-7 years, and they both follow each other on Twitter and IG. 

I don’t see any connection between Steiger and Minnesota (or bowhunting), but that was my best guess based on the facts we have at hand. 

My guess is Tom Compton. We drafted him and played with Trent in DC - he’s from South Dakota so, he probably has friends who are Vikings fans - and was a guard for the Vikings in 2018.

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The janitor in the Vikings team facility. 

• Like 1

Think a lot of the Trent trade will depend on who the Giants take at 4,if they go OT and start a early Run it could get teams like the Browns and Bucs more interested if there guy is gone.

At this point my gut is telling me its more likely a pick next season then a pick this draft,My guess is that with money he wants most teams want to see him take a physical before paying the price we most likely want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Think a lot of the Trent trade will depend on who the Giants take at 4,if they go OT and start a early Run it could get teams like the Browns and Bucs more interested if there guy is gone.

At this point my gut is telling me its more likely a pick next season then a pick this draft,My guess is that with money he wants most teams want to see him take a physical before paying the price we most likely want.

After being out of football as long as he has, the tumor and his history of injury, any team not getting him to their team doctors for a physical before a trade is finalized is foolish to say the least.  That front office would deserve to be fired for making that misstep. 

• Like 2

On the positive side- every day that goes by up and through the draft- the chances Trent plays LT on the Redskins increases. It makes so much sense for Trent to prepare for a real training camp, playing for a solid professional head coach and to play out the last year of his contract as a Redskin then decide if he wants to leave next year. It would be a blow to his ego- but I bet the team could position it in a way that helps Trent save face. 

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

After being out of football as long as he has, the tumor and his history of injury, any team not getting him to their team doctors for a physical before a trade is finalized is foolish to say the least.  That front office would deserve to be fired for making that misstep. 

Yeah, this discussion has been going on Twitter too. Most likely Trent isn’t getting traded until COVID-19 pandemic slows - hopefully this summer. It would then obviously be for a 2021 pick, which means a 2nd could still be in play bc it’s not worth as much as a 2nd now for a team w/ a top 15 pick in the 2020 2nd round, or it will be for a player that can start for us this year even if they aren’t a pro bowl player and then a mid round pick in the 2021 draft.

Edited by turtle28

On 4/5/2020 at 7:27 PM, candyman93 said:

You’re right.

I believe that the Trent Williams things has passed Berry, and remains on the radar only to be revisited if plan A, B and C dont work out. I think there are plans already in place to mitigate the LT position. I think the Brown's have been interested for a while, but the asking price has always been rumored to be INSANITY. I live in the skins backyard and talk to skins fan all day (in person), and I think it boils down to the Skins (fans) and Browns (fans) both have very different values for the objects that seem to be most discussed as possible trade compensation.

I think that Berry does want to accumulate extra draft capital, but I dont think he trade down from 10 to do that....we could trade down on day 2 and acquire assets (already have an extra 4th, 5th and 7th rounders next year Eagles, Rams, Lions). This coupled along with his sign a bunch of former high draft picks to 1 year deals, if these folks have great years and walk (especially with Kareem Hunt walking that year also), there are a couple of compensatory picks right there ......(Johnson and Joseph being former 1rst round DB's will probably get signed next year if they dont poop the bed with their play). Not to mention, we have assest's we could probably flip now....if a contending team got a string of injuires at RB, I could see them come calling for the former ROTY and NFL rushing leader Kareem Hunt..

Not disagreeing with my Compatriot at all....just providing another Brown's fan point of view, so the view point is balanced. 

23 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I believe that the Trent Williams things has passed Berry, and remains on the radar only to be revisited if plan A, B and C dont work out. I think there are plans already in place to mitigate the LT position. I think the Brown's have been interested for a while, but the asking price has always been rumored to be INSANITY. I live in the skins backyard and talk to skins fan all day (in person), and I think it boils down to the Skins (fans) and Browns (fans) both have very different values for the objects that seem to be most discussed as possible trade compensation.

I think that Berry does want to accumulate extra draft capital, but I dont think he trade down from 10 to do that....we could trade down on day 2 and acquire assets (already have an extra 4th, 5th and 7th rounders next year Eagles, Rams, Lions). This coupled along with his sign a bunch of former high draft picks to 1 year deals, if these folks have great years and walk (especially with Kareem Hunt walking that year also), there are a couple of compensatory picks right there ......(Johnson and Joseph being former 1rst round DB's will probably get signed next year if they dont poop the bed with their play). Not to mention, we have assest's we could probably flip now....if a contending team got a string of injuires at RB, I could see them come calling for the former ROTY and NFL rushing leader Kareem Hunt..

Not disagreeing with my Compatriot at all....just providing another Brown's fan point of view, so the view point is balanced. 

There are two components to this

1)The draft pick value the Redskins want for Trent Williams

2)The new contract Trent Williams wants

Are you suggesting the problem is more #1 or #2 from the Brown's perspective?