Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think it just means they aren't going to cater to his needs/desires on destination/extension anymore. They're going to do whatever the team feels is best for them. 

O K, I think you're right . That was confusing. I misunderstood it .

17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I really like OT Austin Jackson/USC. 6'5" 310.

If we could land a 2nd, he could be a steal, imo.

Definitely would draft him over any 2nd round WR but I think he’s taken in the first.

I expect WR talent to fall since it’s so deep.  Mims / Higgins would be my other option if no OTs are available 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No chance he brings back a first. Not at this point. 

I agree with you, was just responding to ancienthouse in the case that the impossible happened and we did, which teams I could see it being

i think it is heating up now with the reports more teams are being interested. If he was drafted today he would be better than all the other tackles. It’s just his age at 31 that’s putting a hold on things IMO

i think we get decent compensation for him now that his agent doesn’t have control and that teams are calling I would be ok with any of these

NJoku or Howard plus a 3rd

a 2nd

two 3rds

15 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I agree with you, was just responding to ancienthouse in the case that the impossible happened and we did, which teams I could see it being

i think it is heating up now with the reports more teams are being interested. If he was drafted today he would be better than all the other tackles. It’s just his age at 31 that’s putting a hold on things IMO

i think we get decent compensation for him now that his agent doesn’t have control and that teams are calling I would be ok with any of these

NJoku or Howard plus a 3rd

a 2nd

two 3rds

His age, which will be 32, sitting out the season, the question about the growth on his head, injury history and having to give the guy a huge contract.  So many other things are working against his value other than his age.  

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I highly doubt Dan Patrick has any reliable sources inside the Redskins right now.  Gonna take that one with a massive grain of salt.  

I didn’t hear it either. Was he saying sources said, or speculation?

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@aceinthehouse I moved your posts and others about Trent Williams in the FA thread to this one.  Let's keep all of the Trent Williams discussion in one place until we actually have a deal happen.  Chances are, with all of the rumors swirling right now, someone has already posted them too.  

Ok

Right on.

• Like 1

Found this quote on a browns site.

Don't know who actually reported it though...

But this does fit in with the "closed window" team taking control tweet...

It has been announced the Redskins have informed Williams,s agent to no longer seek a trade. The Redskins have apparently agreed a trade with an unknown team.... this normally happens  when a team  want to take full control over the final details of  a trade... Let's see who it is.

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Found this quote on a browns site.

Don't know who actually reported it though...

But this does fit in with the "closed window" team taking control tweet...

It has been announced the Redskins have informed Williams,s agent to no longer seek a trade. The Redskins have apparently agreed a trade with an unknown team.... this normally happens  when a team  want to take full control over the final details of  a trade... Let's see who it is.

I hope this is right.  Rumor mongering at full tilt right now.

If I’m the Bucs, I’m trading pick 14 for Trent Williams. Push ALL of the chips in. https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1252955185611243520 

Word is, the Cleveland Browns are heavy into discussions for Trent Williams.

Gentleman, we could be looking at getting #14 from Tampa or #10 from Cleveland...

Apparently, Dan Patrick says it so "matter of fact" as he takes calls & explains it.

They are still Fielding calls from other teams, but a 1st is already on the table.

You can watch here at 1:31:15 on this video to see for yourself.

HTTR!

I thought I would start a new thread, so that we can explore what we should do with our OTHER 1st rounder.

Dan says we're probably going Tackle for Trent's replacement, but who knows.

He also says that WE ARE taking Chase Young!

HTTR baby!

Edited by aceinthehouse

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ace... it's not confirmed... it's still speculation on his part. I'm probably going to move this to the other thread. 

EDIT: I moved it. Let's wait till we have a definitive move done. 

Ok

My bad

I thought this was breaking news. I guess this was more speculation.