2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

25 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Pretty big indicator that it's truly a 3-player comp for the two G spots. If the Jets draft a T/G could be a 4 player comp. If they draft a player like Hennessy they could potentially have 5 players competing for 3 spots (LG-C-RG) with Hennessy filling in as a C or a G depending on if he were better at G than McGovern. Salaries indicate that Lewis and Winters are sure starters, but as we saw in Buffalo - the best combination of 5 will start

Just realized the Jets cap on over the cap is missing a few transactions.

Our current cap situation is pretty tight.

Overthecap has us at $32.5M. But that is missing Jordan Jenkins ($5M), Connor McGovern (approximately $9M), Breshad Perriman ($8M), Pierre Desir $5.5M). 

The Trumaine June 1st cut savings will go to signing draft picks. So, we likely have around $8 million (top 51) left to sign free agents. We could still cut/trade winters and save ($7.3M). Other trade options are Williamson ($6.5M) and Henry Anderson ($8.3M if traded). So, we still can make space to keep making moves.

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Just realized the Jets cap on over the cap is missing a few transactions.

Our current cap situation is pretty tight.

Overthecap has us at $32.5M. But that is missing Jordan Jenkins ($5M), Connor McGovern (approximately $9M), Breshad Perriman ($8M), Pierre Desir $5.5M). 

The Trumaine June 1st cut savings will go to signing draft picks. So, we likely have around $8 million left to sign free agents. We could still cut/trade winters and save ($7.3M). Other trade options are Williamson ($6.5M) and Henry Anderson ($8.3M if traded). So, we still can make space to keep making moves.

There’s a few others that can save is a few mill, like cutting Bellamy and others. Williamson is the obvious choice being our depth at ILB now. But no sense in cutting him unless we have to. I don’t think we get Clowney or Ngoukue. Trent Williams is the only guy I could see us still maybe getting. And I doubt that as well.

• Like 2

I took some time to go through our offensive roster to see if there are some players I may be overlooking. Couple of notes:

WR: Yea we need help at the starting positions. No surprise.The only guy I like as a starter is Crowder and he is a good number 2 option. But we do have some good depth guys. Perriman, Doctson, Smith, and Berrios are good 4-6 options. We can get away with one of those guys being our number 3 option if we have a very good number 1 guy. The only change in my mind is that I previously discredited some of the depth we have at the position.

OT: Chuma Edoga. We’ve heard the coaches like him. So, I went back and watched tape, read scouting reports etc. I like this guy. He needs to get stronger. So hopefully he is putting the work this offseason. But he has really good feet and movement skills. I’m cautiously optimistic this guy can be a solid starter this year. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t draft an OT in the 1st or 2nd. We should. Just saying I’m not going to say the sky is falling if the coaches say they plan to start him at RT.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2

Personally speaking I think the need at WR has surpassed that of OT as of now, upgrading both will help this team tremendously but I think our OL group has improved vastly compared where they were last year where as far as our WR group I think we’ve taken a bit of a step back after trading out Robby for Perriman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Personally speaking I think the need at WR has surpassed that of OT as of now, upgrading both will help this team tremendously but I think our OL group has improved vastly compared where they were last year where as far as our WR group I think we’ve taken a bit of a step back after trading out Robby for Perriman.

While I don't think there is a step back from Robby to Perriman, I agree that WR is bigger need going into the draft right now.  Either way I would like us to go WR/OL with the first two picks ... in either order. 

• Like 3

My whole issue with drafting a WR at 11 is that with this draft class so deep at WR, why not get an OT so we do not have to worry about LT for the next 10 years. Get the WR at 48 or trade up a little if needed. There is more value to that than the other way around. 

29 minutes ago, xrade said:

My whole issue with drafting a WR at 11 is that with this draft class so deep at WR, why not get an OT so we do not have to worry about LT for the next 10 years. Get the WR at 48 or trade up a little if needed. There is more value to that than the other way around. 

Because at pick 11 there is a decent chance 3 or 4 OTs are off the board and 0 WRs are of the board.   If we had our pick of the litter on each it'd be different. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I agree, it's the smart thing to do.

I do really want Ruggs bad though.  The second he steps on the field he's a game wrecker.  Having that is really something we've lacked for so long.  He might be one of the top 5 most dangerous players in the NFL from day 1.  Hard to pass on someone like that.  He may not even make it to us to be honest.

My draft board is 

1. Wirfs

2. Wills

3. Ruggs

4. Jones

5. Becton

I would be thrilled to leave round 1 with number 3 or 4 since 1 and 2 are basically locks to be gone.

Edited by Rockice_8

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Copeland signed with the Pats. Aside from being smaht and having a PED suspension under his belt, what can he do well and where does he need to improve the most?

He’s a depth edge rusher. Shouldn’t start and a solid backup. Will never be a big sack guy.

7 hours ago, xrade said:

Who’s to say we get the right OT out the 4? We won’t even have the options out all 4. We’re getting whatever is left. Don’t value positional need out of desperation over positional need out of talent. All 4 OTs shouldn’t be ranked over the top 3 WRs. I’m sorry. A rookie won’t put our current OLine in the top 10 this season. If things go really bad; we can draft an OT next year. 
The WR Tiers are different. It’s going to be a good run before we have our 2nd pick.

Watched some more of Josh Jones, man he’s underrated. He deserves to be in the conversation with the Big 4 OTs quite honest.

my BB:

1. Tristian Wirfs

2. Jedrick Wills

3. Henry Ruggs

4. CeeDee Lamb

5. Andrew Thomas

6. Josh Jones

7. Jerry Jeudy

8. Mekhi Becton

9. Austin Jackson

10. Klavon Chaisson

Edited by Dr.O