2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Scheme values LGs with tackle athleticism/can okay well in space. That’s why it wouldn’t surprise me if they tried him there. Just because he hasn’t played it doesn’t mean he can’t. 

either way, this is more of a contingency/depth signing. Pretty sure $30m is “max” if he hits incentives. My guess is it’s really a 3 year, $24-27 million deal that the Jets can get out of in 2021. 

7 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Issue is if the OTs are gone prior to 11. We shouldn't be using draft capital to move up in the draft if that is the case.

Agreed but I am fairly confident 1 of the 4 will be there at 11.  I expect 2-3 QBs, Young, Simmons, Brown, Okudah and Lamb or JJ to go top 10.  Usually a surprise pick or two as well.  

For what it is worth.  In 2016 when we played Seattle at home, his mom sat behind me at the game.  We got talking to her and seems like he is a very intelligent guy.  Has aspirations of working at NASA when he is done playing.  So I would think he can adjust to G or RT if need be.  Seems like a nice family he came from with good values.  Not that is going to make him a better OL player for us but think it speaks to the type of player they are looking for.  Smart, athletic and ability to play multiple positions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

For what it is worth.  In 2016 when we played Seattle at home, his mom sat behind me at the game.  We got talking to her and seems like he is a very intelligent guy.  Has aspirations of working at NASA when he is done playing.  So I would think he can adjust to G or RT if need be.  Seems like a nice family he came from with good values.  Not that is going to make him a better OL player for us but think it speaks to the type of player they are looking for.  Smart, athletic and ability to play multiple positions. 

Vernon Gholston was a doll of a man. Doesn’t mean he could play solid nfl football.

I just have that feeling JD is not going to be that god of a GM. I think he got too much credit and will be a below average GM. Fant is a below average tackle and they want to start him at LT. He should be the swing tackle and not starting. The Jets are going to kill Sam's career really soon if we don't get that lock down LT. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I just have that feeling JD is not going to be that god of a GM. I think he got too much credit and will be a below average GM. Fant is a below average tackle and they want to start him at LT. He should be the swing tackle and not starting. The Jets are going to kill Sam's career really soon if we don't get that lock down LT. 

You came to that conclusion based on the first 10 hours of the tampering period? Come on man. Let's give the guy some time and the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 6

One of the things I severely underestimated is how much Joe D will consider Gase’ philosophy when building a roster. We keep hearing the coaches like Edoga. I don’t know much about Fant but it seems like he fits Gase’s system. I’m fully expecting the offense to be built in Gase’s image. Next up - Phillip Dorsett. 

Edited by SDotNova

Can everyone just calm down, please.  We are not even 24 hours into FA and the draft is over a month away.  Give the guy a chance to build the team for 2020.  Let's see how they perform  before we declare the sky is falling.  Same old Jets fans reactions ....lol