Jets 3rd overall pick from 2019 DT Quinnen Williams arrested

49erurtaza

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Williams, who was drafted No. 3 overall by the Jets in 2019, had a permit for the weapon, but it was licensed in Alabama, the spokesperson said. Under New York law, it is generally only legal to carry a concealed weapon if it has a New York license. It is unclear if he is being accused of trying to take the gun on the plane.

if I had to guess, he basically just didn't have it registered in the right state.  Probably have to surrender the weapon and a fine.  Maybe not even probation.

Not worried anymore.

Alabama doesn't have registration requirements for firearms. 

It is a felony to have an unregistered handgun in New York City. Carry a firearm without a license in NYC is also a felony. So he has two felonies right off the bat, and we haven't even addressed the Federal felony of carrying a loaded gun in an airport. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Might pay a fine and get a suspension at the very worst. 

That being said, what is it with NFL players and guns at airports? This seems to he a recurring theme. It's really not rocket science.

Anyone remember the dude who called in a bomb threat at LAX? Lol 

I believe Vernon Davis was dumb enough to joke about it while in line at the airport...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Alabama doesn't have registration requirements for firearms. 

It is a felony to have an unregistered handgun in New York City. Carry a firearm without a license in NYC is also a felony. So he has two felonies right off the bat, and we haven't even addressed the Federal felony of carrying a loaded gun in an airport. 

He got charged with criminal possession of a weapon.  Reading the NY state code, I believe he would fall into the E felony category.  That will get reduced to the misdemeanor and pled.  Probably agree to probation and fine.

More details on the Quinnen Williams arrest: He was arrested at the Delta check-in counter prior to security at LaGuardia Airport, per authorities. The gun was not loaded. He was issued a summons for a court appearance at a later date (March 25).

Update from Rich Cimini.

The gun being unloaded is actually very helpful for Quinnen's case.

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He got charged with criminal possession 9lof a weapon.  Reading the NY state code, I believe he would fall into the E felony category.  That will get reduced to the misdemeanor and pled.  Probably agree to probation and fine.

It depends on how strongly they want to continue to make political statements with the enforcement of their gun laws in NY

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

It depends on how strongly they want to continue to make political statements with the enforcement of their gun laws in NY

I doubt they would in this situation.

Now, if he was waving around an unregistered loaded gun in a nightclub while drunk?  Yeah, then I could see a statement being made.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I doubt they would in this situation.

Now, if he was waving around an unregistered loaded gun in a nightclub while drunk?  Yeah, then I could see a statement being made.

Theyve prosecuted people for having empty magazines. For properly communicating their intent to check a gun in a gun case with TSA.

I dont think they will be cuz he is a major NFL Star but NY doesnt want people to be gun owners, so if they have to make crazy laws and arrest people to make political statements, well they do it every day.

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Its very well possible. Especially if its a carry concealed. A carry concealed weapon would lile you forgetting yoy had your wallet in your pocket or your cell phone. Theyre carried everywhere

And there is nothing that says he tried to board a plane with it. He could have been caught with it parking his car for all we know. Maybe security saw hand gun in his car when he pulled into parking garage and asked to see his permit. Or maybe he tried checking it into the airline like most people would with a gun and they checked his permit to confirm it was legal. Every article ive read on matter said it was unclear if he was trying to board the plane with it.

Agreed for conceal carry permit holders, It becomes a part of you just as much as carrying a wallet or keys. I don’t leave the house without my pistol but I know not to bring it into an airport, my pocket knives for that matter too. But it seems there may be more to the story than what is being told. Doesn’t excuse him and he should have thought about the fact he was going to the airport. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Theyve prosecuted people for having empty magazines. For properly communicating their intent to check a gun in a gun case with TSA.

I dont think they will be cuz he is a major NFL Star but NY doesnt want people to be gun owners, so if they have to make crazy laws and arrest people to make political statements, well they do it every day.

And he will get prosecuted.  Also, I'm not disagreeing with NY having draconian gun laws.

I just don't see the state pushing for a really strict outcome.  I'd guess a plea deal to a lesser misdemeanor charge, fine, gun safety class, and a year probation.  With a chance to have the incident expunged if he successfully meets the requirements of the probation.

It amazes me how many people jump on the back of a kid who just turned 22, like no one has made a stupid mistake at that age. It happens. He’s young, he’ll learn. 

What I don’t get is why he needs to carry in the first place, but that’s a discussion for another time/place. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

For a black guy who is a football star? Probably not. 

15 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Was he too young to remember Plaxico Burress?  

He was 10, so yea, he might not remember or heard about.

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It amazes me how many people jump on the back of a kid who just turned 22, like no one has made a stupid mistake at that age. It happens. He’s young, he’ll learn. 

What I don’t get is why he needs to carry in the first place, but that’s a discussion for another time/place. 

22 isn't a kid. He's an adult.