Jets 3rd overall pick from 2019 DT Quinnen Williams arrested

49erurtaza

54 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Sounds like he has bad advisors.

52 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Nah this is his own fault. No idea where you're getting that from. 

49 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You don't think his lawyer/agent should educate him on NY's gun laws?

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You don't think he should have educated himself?

If I had to guess, he forgot about it.  

I have walked into an airport and forgot I had a pocketknife on me.

That said, he is in a position where he should be more aware.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

A few years ago, I used to routinely go to the ND State Surplus and buy bags full of knives and other items confiscated at the Bismarck airport.  Sometimes they would have several bags for sale (usually around 50-75 items per bag) for $15.00 each.  They would even confiscate people's "Hello Kitty" finger nail clippers.  So, yes people tend to forget stuff like that when boarding an aircraft.

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I think it's more of the dude just straight up forgot like Rags said.

Also I doubt he has a lawyer, his agent isn't responsible for his client's gun. 

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You don't think he should have educated himself?

This.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Almost exactly this, except I wonder how the **** he didn't deal with this sooner given he's been a jet for close to a year now. 

To be honest this is why we need national reciprocity. The current takes legal citizens and turns them into criminals. A hand gun permit should be treated the same way as a drivers license. There are so many instances of someone living close to a border and they have their hand gun in their car. They obtained a hand gun permit and then crossed the border and got arrested.

Feel bad for Williams... he went about it the right way and didnt go around with buying an illegal weapon like you hear with most NFL player arrests

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

To be honest... hand gun carry laws are so freaking confusing... especially in NY. Here in NY for example we honor some states permits like Idahos for example and not others. Like we dont honor any state that share a border with is like Pennsylvania or Mass or New Jersey. So technically to get from the state you have a permit to NY state that honors it youd likely be breaking the law by driving through another state which means you have to fly with it to do it legally. Or if you live right on the border of Pennsylvania and New York. If you had a PA permit and accidentally drove into NY with your handgun in your car that makes you an illegal. Even if you just happened to cross the border on your way to the store or something. The current law turns legal citizens into criminals but simple mistake. This is why we need National Reciprocity... a hand gun permit should be treated the same way as a drivers license. Its not like Williams was driving around with and illegal weapon with no serial numbers on it. The current laws are way to confusing and vary by each state and its super messed up.

Edited by marshawn lynch
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

To be honest... hand gun carry laws are so freaking confusing... especially in NY. Here in NY for example we honor some states permits like Idahos for example and not others. Like we dont honor any state that share a border with is like Pennsylvania or Mass or New Jersey. So technically to get from the state you have a permit to NY state that honors it youd likely be breaking the law by driving through another state which means you have to fly with it to do it legally. Or if you live right on the border of Pennsylvania and New York. If you had a PA permit and accidentally drove into NY with your handgun in your car that makes you an illegal. Even if you just happened to cross the border on your way to the store or something. The current law turns legal citizens into criminals but simple mistake. This is why we need National Reciprocity... a hand gun permit should be treated the same way as a drivers license. Its not like Williams was driving around with and illegal weapon with no serial numbers on it. The current laws are way to confusing and vary by each state and its super messed up.

You dont 'accidently' take a gun anywhere.

The bigger issue is he was attempting to board a plan with a gun. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

You dont 'accidently' take a gun anywhere.

The bigger issue is he was attempting to board a plan with a gun. 

Its very well possible. Especially if its a carry concealed. A carry concealed weapon would lile you forgetting yoy had your wallet in your pocket or your cell phone. Theyre carried everywhere

And there is nothing that says he tried to board a plane with it. He could have been caught with it parking his car for all we know. Maybe security saw hand gun in his car when he pulled into parking garage and asked to see his permit. Or maybe he tried checking it into the airline like most people would with a gun and they checked his permit to confirm it was legal. Every article ive read on matter said it was unclear if he was trying to board the plane with it.