Jets 3rd overall pick from 2019 DT Quinnen Williams arrested

49erurtaza

17 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You don't think his lawyer/agent should educate him on NY's gun laws?

Unless his lawyer is psychic, or giving him a 700 hour lecture on all the illegal things he could be doing in NY, then no, that's literally impossible.  There are tens of thousands of ways to break the law in any one jurisdiction.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

He got charged with criminal possession of a weapon.  Reading the NY state code, I believe he would fall into the E felony category.  That will get reduced to the misdemeanor and pled.  Probably agree to probation and fine.

Yeah, this is a nothing charge.  Assuming he has no criminal history, he'll be able to get it expunged pretty easily.  NFL will probably only give him a slap on the wrist, and they're probably the thing he needs to worry about more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Slateman said:

It is the responsibility of each gun owner to know the firearms laws within the jurisdiction that they are in. 

Absolutely. But these guys literally pay people to care of this ish.

If ya'll don't think agents/advisors, are informing their clients on gun laws then IDK what to say. Trust me on this one.

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

If ya'll don't think agents/advisors, are informing their clients on gun laws then IDK what to say. Trust me on this one.

His agent, Nicole Lynn, has a Doctorate in Law and is an attorney in Houston...

So, she probably facepalmed pretty hard.

Edit: but on the other hand, she works for Young Money Sports, a company owned by Lil Wayne. So maybe getting some gun charges for Mr Williams was Weezy’s suggestion, build up some cred.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, Ragnarok said:

If I had to guess, he forgot about it.  

I have walked into an airport and forgot I had a pocketknife on me.

That said, he is in a position where he should be more aware.

The pocket knife thing happened to me flying from Minnesota to NY. I had to hand it in. It becomes a part of you. Just like your wallet especially when you think of a pocket knife as a tool.

I don’t conceal carry a gun. But I could see how some could forget they’re carrying. Seems less realistic though. 

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

The pocket knife thing happened to me flying from Minnesota to NY. I had to hand it in. It becomes a part of you. Just like your wallet especially when you think of a pocket knife as a tool.

I don’t conceal carry a gun. But I could see how some could forget they’re carrying. Seems less realistic though. 

What the hell kind of holster does somebody carrying a Glock 19 have that they forget about it? I carry concealed fairly often, and it's almost impossible to forget about it, especially when you're sitting. It's not like the 19 is a tiny gun either. 

On 3/6/2020 at 9:19 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Do you think hes telling them that he is carrying one? Because they would flat out tell him he shouldnt. Whether he was in New York City or Dallas, they would advise him not to carry a gun.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What the hell kind of holster does somebody carrying a Glock 19 have that they forget about it? I carry concealed fairly often, and it's almost impossible to forget about it, especially when you're sitting. It's not like the 19 is a tiny gun either. 

Check out how many guns TSA confiscated every year. Its incredible.

6 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Check out how many guns TSA confiscated every year. Its incredible.

Yeah, but those are almost always in bags or they're subcompact pistols. 

The way this is being talked about, they're talking like he was carrying a Glock 19 on his hip. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yea seems unlikely but I don’t conceal carry a gun. Was only agreeing with the previous poster that forgot he was carrying a pocket knife into an airport. The same thing happened to me. At least when it comes to a pocket knife, because most who carry think of it as a tool, it can be forgotten in a situation where others view it as a weapon. 

Edited by SDotNova

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, but those are almost always in bags or they're subcompact pistols. 

The way this is being talked about, they're talking like he was carrying a Glock 19 on his hip. 

I thought it was about it being stored incorrectly. I don't think he had it on him, but I think these reports are purposely obtuse so they can stir up headlines.

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I thought it was about it being stored incorrectly. I don't think he had it on him, but I think these reports are purposely obtuse so they can stir up headlines.

I mean if he just had it in his backpack or whatever, and meant to check the bag and didn't because some helpful airline employee told him he didn't have to check the bag due to size or whatever, I get it. It's "understandable".