Whitehead cut

Dessie

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Talks a lot. Wears a dark visor. Wore a skull face warmer. Checks all the boxes for the "born to be a raider" fanbase.

Meh he was our only lb that could actually tackle meh shiniest turd in the bowl

no brainer cut tho

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh he was our only lb that could actually tackle meh shiniest turd in the bowl

no brainer cut tho

Definitely was time to go, you don’t pay someone $7m when they are underperforming. 

Its why Joyner’s contract is so bad, he is not worth $9m but will it cost $11m to get out of? Over the cap says it will be $6.75m dead cap hit.

Edited by Dessie

Thank god he’s gone.  He was decent at stuffing the run at first but even that Became an issue.  

heck no to Vigil.  I want no part of that guy.  He’s the typical player whose worth his rookie contract but is a complete bust once he gets a UFA deal.  He’ll get exposed vs the run and his pass coverage is average at best.

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

3 new starting LBs. FINALLY after what feels like 10 seasons now, they are going to overhaul this unit. Has been monumentally bad for so long. I've never been more excited. 

Not getting excited until they sign Littleton. If they cut Whitehead to sign Vigil next week, that's not exciting at all.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

This could signal an aggressive move up in the draft for Simmons. The Raiders need to add guys in general. 

I could see us moving up a few spots to like 8 or 9. But to get into the top 5, where he could very likely go, would cost too much draft capital. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Definitely was time to go, you don’t pay someone $7m when they are underperforming. 

Its why Joyner’s contract is so bad, he is not worth $9m but will it cost $11m to get out of? Over the cap says it will be $6.75m dead cap hit.

Joyner is so bad I’d take the loss in $ and just cut him he’s done

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Have to wonder what some fans watch during Raider games 

The 1 or 2 OK games he has. People pay too much attention to tackle numbers too. Hell even Curtis Lofton had high tackle number before he came here and you see why. Play on bad defenses, you'll get plenty of chances.