COVID-19: NFL tells employees to work from home

RaidersAreOne

I’ve said my piece. I’m done arguing with people who prefer to live with their head in the sand or promote conspiracy theories.

Stay safe folks - When you make decisions, think about the most vulnerable, susceptible people that you know and how your actions might impact them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can someone explain the  toilet paper thing to me. why do people think buyimg charmin in bulk is essential?

This does a pretty good job of explaining it in detail:

http://theconversation.com/theres-plenty-of-toilet-paper-in-the-us-so-why-are-people-hoarding-it-133300

A risk expert in the country explained it this way: “Stocking up on toilet paper is … a relatively cheap action, and people like to think that they are ‘doing something’ when they feel at risk.”

This is an example of “zero risk bias,” in which people prefer to try to eliminate one type of possibly superficial risk entirely rather than do something that would reduce their total risk by a greater amount.

Hoarding also makes people feel secure. This is especially relevant when the world is faced with a novel disease over which all of us have little or no control. However, we can control things like having enough toilet paper in case we are quarantined.

12 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That’s super narrow minded and arrogant of you.

So we can't blame the Chinese govt or on disease infested bats so how did this thing start? How do I not insult one of the most insensitive govts in the world? A govt that has murdered its own people.

40 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I sincerely hope that you aren’t suggesting that China created this intentionally. That’s one of the more culturally insensitive, conspiracy driven posts I’ve seen on this site.

Agreed. This was not intentional. Just Chinas bad wildlife eating habits (I mean they can do whatever they want... just not bats, common sense).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. This was not intentional. Just Chinas bad wildlife eating habits (I mean they can do whatever they want... just not bats, common sense).

During the swine flu they burned pigs alive. Pretty messed up imo.

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

During the swine flu they burned pigs alive. Pretty messed up imo.

They boil dogs alive during the Yulin Festival. Peoples pet dogs too, they steal them, and boil them alive while laughing and the dog desperately tries to escape. The worst 6-7 seconds of my life before I turned it off. 

We’re gonna get this closed if we talk about this though... plenty of great folks in China, which is a vast majority, but yes, several of disturbing folks and practices as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

They boil dogs alive during the Yulin Festival. Peoples pet dogs too, they steal them, and boil them alive while laughing and the dog desperately tries to escape. The worst 6-7 seconds of my life before I turned it off. 

We’re gonna get this closed if we talk about this though... plenty of great folks in China, which is a vast majority, but yes, several of disturbing folks and practices as well. 

Very true!

• Like 1