Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’m concerned about how hourly employees are going to handle these times. That’s a huge economic blow to a good chunk of workers and some of these small businesses will never recover and will never reopen.

My normal payroll for a work week runs between 900-1000 hours, depending on events.  We are down to 600 for next week.  And I've got people returning home from college who can work and kids who can work as well since there is no school.  I've tried to prioritize hours for people who need them- but it's not a perfect situation, or a sustainable one.  

If Maryland closes restaurants/other businesses like Ohio- and I expect that to happen before the week is out just by their actions so far- then I am really concerned for a number of the people we employ.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My normal payroll for a work week runs between 900-1000 hours, depending on events.  We are down to 600 for next week.  And I've got people returning home from college who can work and kids who can work as well since there is no school.  I've tried to prioritize hours for people who need them- but it's not a perfect situation, or a sustainable one.  

If Maryland closes restaurants/other businesses like Ohio- and I expect that to happen before the week is out just by their actions so far- then I am really concerned for a number of the people we employ.  

Really be great if we could see a stimulus package pass to help out people who will be without jobs during this whole thing. Knowing I'll still be working is great, and I'm trying to help out others as much as I can. 

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@bruceb, no need for anyone to worry though, right?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why is there's so high? Do they just have an older population it is the healthcare system overrun?

I’ve been saying all week the “Closed Case” Rate is 7% Death and the American Government/Media Doctors are adding the Active Cases on top of the Closed Cases to make it 3.4%. 

This will end up at 7-8% when it’s all done. It’s official name is SARS-2 because it’s a almost identical. SARS death rate was 9%. 

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Do not think that at all...I know differently.

Fortunately, my kids all are financially disciplined and getting through this from a money standpoint is not a concern for any of them.

But I would offer the same advice to those not as fortunate as I gave my kids:

- This will pass sooner than later...we are not facing a "Bring out your dead" scenario (Sent them the Monty Python link)

- Look at the time you are being given as a blessing and use it well

- Exercise more, prepare wonderful meals, make small improvements in your living space, reflect on where you are in your life and where you         want to be, and make plans to get there

- Enjoy the time without the tensions and distractions of your daily life routines

- Take advantage of this opportunity and make the best of it.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

You are way out in left field, dude.

Uh huh..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

In Europe a lot of countries don't have the capacity to test so are now only testing only those who end up in hospital.

The mortality rate, while alarming and still likely to be around 2-3% I don't think is as bad as the ratios show.

Who’s your source? The media...? Paid Media TV doctors? The Closed Case Death Rate is 7.5%. Climbing by the day, not falling. Original SARS ended at 9% and started at 6%. 

My brother is a biologist working 24/7 on this and he expects a 5-9% death rate at the end. Definitely not 2-3%. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve been saying all week the “Closed Case” Rate is 7% Death and the American Government/Media Doctors are adding the Active Cases on top of the Closed Cases to make it 3.4%. 

This will end up at 7-8% when it’s all done. It’s official name is SARS-2 because it’s a almost identical. SARS death rate was 9%. 

sars was 14-15

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Who’s your source? The media...? Paid Media TV doctors? The Closed Case Rate is 7.5%. Climbing by the day, not falling. Original SARS ended at 9% and started at 6%. 

My brother is a biologist working 24/7 on this and he expects a 5-9% death rate at the end. Definitely not 2-3%. 

diamond princess and sk show that with great management, can get it to 1% unfortunately we wont have that kind of care everywhere.  i hope its as close to 1 as possible

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

diamond princess and sk show that with great management, can get it to 1% unfortunately we wont have that kind of care everywhere.  i hope its as close to 1 as possible

We will run out of hospital beds because Trump tried to pretend this didn’t exist to not hurt his re-election chances. Should of declared National Emergency a week ago. Therefore, we will run out of hospital beds, and our rate will be absolutely no where even close to 1%. Same issue Italy ran into and they warned our government countless, countless times. 

He should close all businesses that are not grocery stores, pharmacy's, important things. Starting tomorrow. But they probably won’t. All about $$$$