Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh that’s outside the IEP and 504 process, just strictly logistics.

Then you throw in those, parents, food/supplies, modifications for medical (I have a girl who needs hard copies due to a concussion in soccer so electronic is out), extended time, state mandated testing required for graduation, prom, spring sports, graduation ceremony...paying hourly employees...it’s unprecedented and I don’t envy anyone here.

If states that shut down don’t waive the mandated testing, that’s going to be a firestorm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

You sure? That's half a million dead easy. 

And the Spanish flu killed more people then WW1. So I wouldnt be hoping for flu numbers. 

well obviously im not hoping for spanish flu numbers, just regular flu season numbers
but the CFR for the US is higher than spanish flu so . . . its a big deal

not great not great

8 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Yep. The basics are covered. You just can't do things like go to bars, buy clothes and things that are not necessary. Some banks are opened as well.

That’s comforting. 

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

If states that shut down don’t waive the mandated testing, that’s going to be a firestorm.

Yeah but you know how that goes, the materials have already been bought, so caring about the common sense solution is a coin flip at best.

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh yes "just the beginning" phrase I keep hearing. Because there is no way we will ever be able to stop this. Best just roll over now for those inevitable numbers that are coming. 

oh well dont let my paranoia stop you from licking subway poles

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

not great not great

These are expected number. They started the quarantine on March 10th, the effects should be noted in a week more or less. By that time they will probably have around 10K deaths and 100K infected. Maybe even more.