Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

What I don’t understand is why is this such a bigger thing than H1N1.  59 million got that, 12,000 died from that.  I didn’t hear a thing about it.  Is this more communicable or does it have a higher death rate or both?

IIRC symptoms for H1N1 were prevalent early on rather than the two weeks this virus could take.

Also given those H1N1 totals were tallied after the fact(after multiple months), where as these totals are growing & growing after just a few weeks.

Its like saying a movie that came out last year that flopped hard with a box office of 350m is better than a movie that is in its opening week in theaters that only has a box office of 150m.

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Someone should light the garage of the dude that bought $17,000 worth of hand sanitizer on fire 

Apparently there was a couple in Vancouver that bought 100k of sanitizer and TP reselling it on Amazon. They got their account cancelled and the guy complains they’re interfering with his right to make a living. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

What I don’t understand is why is this such a bigger thing than H1N1.  59 million got that, 12,000 died from that.  I didn’t hear a thing about it.  Is this more communicable or does it have a higher death rate or both?

Someone on my Facebook feed posted something similar and kinda made fun of the people freaking out over this. 

But am I wrong or does this have a lot higher death-rate. 2,815 cases as of today and 59 deaths. And that’s only in a few weeks. If the numbers were to get to 59 million, it means your looking a death toll of over 1 million people. A lot higher than that 12,000 hey?

or is my Math off here? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Glen said:

IIRC symptoms for H1N1 were prevalent early on rather than the two weeks this virus could take.

Also given those H1N1 totals were tallied after the fact(after multiple months), where as these totals are growing & growing after just a few weeks.

Its like saying a movie that came out last year that flopped hard with a box office of 350m is better than a movie that is in its opening week in theaters that only has a box office of 150m.

also h1n1 outbreak in 2009 only had 19000 lab confirmed death totals, the estimates range from 150k-550k

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

20 minutes ago, mistakey said:

theres a bunch more cases in this country than reported

A lot of states are using stats and virology patterns to give themselves a good idea of how many cases are out there. As of a couple days ago, Ohio’s Department of Health gave a number for their estimate that is higher than all the tests actually taken across the entire country. 

So yeah, a bunch. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

A lot of states are using stats and virology patterns to give themselves a good idea of how many cases are out there. As of a couple days ago, Ohio’s Department of Health gave a number for their estimate that is higher than all the tests actually taken across the entire country. 

So yeah, a bunch. 

yeah 100k

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Someone on my Facebook feed posted something similar and kinda made fun of the people freaking out over this. 

But am I wrong or does this have a lot higher death-rate. 2,815 cases as of today and 59 deaths. And that’s only in a few weeks. If the numbers were to get to 59 million, it means your looking a death toll of over 1 million people. A lot higher than that 12,000 hey?

or is my Math off here? 

Hey itll be up there with the flu. 

But I agree there is a big difference between how the media handled H1N1 and this. They have been griping about it since day one. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Hey itll be up there with the flu. 

But I agree there is a big difference between how the media handled H1N1 and this. They have been griping about it since day one. 

If it is only up there with the flu that would be an amazing win for us considering its 10 times as deadly and has a much higher R0