Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 hours ago, tab said:

Saw this guy on my TL and he talked about how China was able to take control of the situation after it seemingly got out of hand 

They did get things under control, but that was only after they tried to silence anybody that was saying this disease was dangerous. When it really got out of hand, they had no choice but to admit it really was a problem and address it. They did a good job though.

1 minute ago, Nazgul said:

I get to go work in a grocery store again in two hours!
Let's hope I catch the corona so I get a vacation for the first time in 9 months!

All bullsh*tting aside, thanks man.

Most folks in a grocery store aren’t getting rich and they’re exposing themselves to every possible virus.  ‘Preciate you and what you’re doing.

On a side note, I went to my local grocery store on Thursday to “top off”, and the lines were halfway to the back of the store, 10 registers open with baggers.  When I got to the front of the line and paid I tried to hand the cashier and bagger (who looked absolutely whipped) each a $20 as a thank you and they both had to decline as they could get fired for accepting a tip, apparently they had cameras monitoring them.

I plan on emailing management tomorrow (my off day) and letting know how ****ty that policy is for folks they likely don’t pay a fair wage or provide health coverage to.

Anyway, thanks again and stay safe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

They did get things under control, but that was only after they tried to silence anybody that was saying this disease was dangerous. When it really got out of hand, they had no choice but to admit it really was a problem and address it. They did a good job though.

They were super reactionary.  When finally confronted with it they reacted at an almost unprecedented speed.

We’re acting both reactionary and slowly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All bullsh*tting aside, thanks man.

Most folks in a grocery store aren’t getting rich and they’re exposing themselves to every possible virus.  ‘Preciate you and what you’re doing.

On a side note, I went to my local grocery store on Thursday to “top off”, and the lines were halfway to the back of the store, 10 registers open with baggers.  When I got to the front of the line and paid I tried to hand the cashier and bagger (who looked absolutely whipped) each a $20 as a thank you and they both had to decline as they could get fired for accepting a tip, apparently they had cameras monitoring them.

I plan on emailing management tomorrow (my off day) and letting know how ****ty that policy is for folks they likely don’t pay a fair wage or provide health coverage to.

Anyway, thanks again and stay safe.

We have the same policy regarding accepting tips and/or gifts.

I work at a Meijer (basically a Walmart), and I do pricing. So I change prices on items, hang sale signs, mark clearance, etc. And I do this on the GM (general merchandise) side of the store (not grocery). I worked Thursday when the panic here began; and I was sent to run a register. A lot of us from GM were. I have limited experience up there - maybe 4 or 5 times a year. I had to assist the person next to me. So I was basically running two lanes at once. When I clocked in on Friday I was immediately sent up there to run a register again for about three hours. The entire time we only had like 3 actual cashiers working while the other lanes were being run by people like me, who never do that job. 

So now imagine this entire rush while my store is 10 weeks into a complete remodel and it's been very overwhelming.
I'm usually as calm as a cucumber and never stress; but I've basically been sent home twice over the past week because of my "attitude." I need a break, lol.

Just now, Malfatron said:

probably just as a reward for your awesome attitude

they dont want you to get sick

I wish that was the case, lol. I have yelled at my manager to get me some help (she refuses) since everyone else in my department was pulled for remodel help leaving me to do my entire department's job by myself every day I am there. And then I yelled at her again to stop paging me and to leave me the **** alone. She didn't like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

We have the same policy regarding accepting tips and/or gifts.

I work at a Meijer (basically a Walmart), and I do pricing. So I change prices on items, hang sale signs, mark clearance, etc. And I do this on the GM (general merchandise) side of the store (not grocery). I worked Thursday when the panic here began; and I was sent to run a register. A lot of us from GM were. I have limited experience up there - maybe 4 or 5 times a year. I had to assist the person next to me. So I was basically running two lanes at once. When I clocked in on Friday I was immediately sent up there to run a register again for about three hours. The entire time we only had like 3 actual cashiers working while the other lanes were being run by people like me, who never do that job. 

So now imagine this entire rush while my store is 10 weeks into a complete remodel and it's been very overwhelming.
I'm usually as calm as a cucumber and never stress; but I've basically been sent home twice over the past week because of my "attitude." I need a break, lol.

Hang in there man, you’re doing tough *** work and it’s needed and appreciated.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I wish that was the case, lol. I have yelled at my manager to get me some help (she refuses) since everyone else in my department was pulled for remodel help leaving me to do my entire department's job by myself every day I am there. And then I yelled at her again to stop paging me and to leave me the **** alone. She didn't like that.

every business needs a Naz

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hang in there man, you’re doing tough *** work and it’s needed and appreciated.

Thanks. Once all of this passes and our remodel gets done at the end of July - I'm hoping all is good. Just hope I don't hate myself too much by then.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

every business needs a Naz

Nah. I haven't been an ideal worker lately for a multitude of reasons. 

• Like 1

I think the governments plan here was to pass off as many cases as the flu as possible and not official coronavirus numbers. Hence the lack of test kits and ridiculous testing criteria (travel to China/Italy a requirement). This could of worked except the 20% hospitalization rate of the virus, which would cause all hospital beds in the country to be overrun. The government didn’t account for this (because our current government is absolutely dumb as can be, don’t really care about politics, just stating facts). 

This was a massive blunder. And now every Registered Nurse in the country is going to suffer the mass consequences of patient galore and probably contracting the virus themselves. This will double every six days until hospitals are over run. 

Sorry, RN’s. My fiancee is fuming as well.

She is Republican and will not be voting for the current incumbent in 2020 due to this massive blunder and cover up compared to every other country (if this final sentence isn’t allowed feel free edit, least important part of this post). 

Edited by BayRaider