Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

25 minutes ago, D82 said:

If people follow the social distancing guidelines and not try to go to places where there will be large groups of people, the restrictions will help and we'll be able to return to "normal" soon (see China). 

If the "hoax" or "it won't affect me" mentality perseveres, going to make things a lot more difficult. 

I’m hoping people are starting to understand the effect of their actions and realize we are in this together. China undertook Herculean efforts to contain the virus. I’m hoping our governments have moved fast enough.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s wishful thinking imo.

Pretty much everywhere this has hit has placed a massive strain on the healthcare system and with very specific and critical symptoms to specific patient populations.

I can’t see how it would have been here, had no discernible impact than then made its way around again only to cause such havoc.

Agreed. 

It was some other nasty illness, but obviously wasn't this nasty. 

14 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

You can freeze most cheese, even the good stuff.

American cheese probably has a half life of a thousand years or so anyway.

All I have in my go bag is American cheese and Twinkies. I should be good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

TP isn’t even a rapidly consumable item, it’s nonsensical.

A huge pack lasts our family of weeks idk?  People are being absurd.

Yep, and I'm legitimately running low and every store is completely wiped. They all re-stocked today and it's already completely gone.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

TP isn’t even a rapidly consumable item, it’s nonsensical.

A huge pack lasts our family of weeks idk?  People are being absurd.

You can't completely stuff the backseats of your minivan with food and medicine for $65... so, toiletpaper... huge volume to dollar ratio

#prepared.

Edited by Dome

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yep, and I'm legitimately running low and every store is completely wiped. They all re-stocked today and it's already completely gone.

when the stores here ran up i "loaded up" (one 8 pack) on super high end paper towels.... can cut into thirds if it really comes down to it. hope it doesnt, we still got a decent supply and i work at a grocery store and can stock up the minute freight comes in

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So I’m completely bidet ignorant here, but do you just a jet of water to your butt and assume all is good?

Is there no verification with TP?

Pretty much, so people down south that don't have freezing temps just go outside with their hose and get themselves clean. 

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

this is going down in the history books for sure..ugh

depending on when people decide to start taking this seriously, it could become it's own full semester course.

• Like 1