Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I never got the fever so that's why I kept putting it off. I feel friggin' terrible about that so I'm truly hoping people that I was around don't come down with it or die from it. Just feel so damn stupid.

It is what it is, can't sweat it now... think that you were able to be tested and tell them. I did have 4/5 symptoms needed for screening. two doctors told me I couldn't be tested so big ups to your job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

It is what it is, can't sweat it now... think that you were able to be tested and tell them. I did have 4/5 symptoms needed for screening. two doctors told me I couldn't be tested so big ups to your job. 

They all know. The first thing I did was mass text everyone I've been around the last week+. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

They all know. The first thing I did was mass text everyone I've been around the last week+. 

It's kind of insane that 10 days ago I was nervous to even go to the doctor to learn if I had it because I didn't want my job and coworkers to think I was a giant pos for continuing to work and serve drinks while I had a bad cough. 

sorry ur a mutant now tho

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

It's kind of insane that 10 days ago I was nervous to even go to the doctor to learn if I had it because I didn't want my job and coworkers to think I was a giant pos for continuing to work and serve drinks while I had a bad cough. 

sorry ur a mutant now tho

lol I just went to spring training in Arizona last weekend so I was naive as hell. Didn't show any symptoms til Sunday night and they progressively have gotten worse. Just sucks because I'm about to be stupid broke.

Spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money in Phoenix.

Edited by beekay414

55 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Ehhh...frozen fruit can be okay for like, making a smoothie or something i guess.  But it's never really the same.

I've never really heard of freezing milk tbh.  I can't see how it'd work out as anything other than disgusting.  Cheese can freeze pretty well, but there was still tons of cheese everywhere.  So lol.

Quality is never gonna be the same, but if you need it too last....freezing and pickling is still the best option 

going in to an ostensible lockdown here where nonessential indoor gatherings of >100 are all off and there’s pretty much a moratorium on visiting aged care facilities, but we still have restaurants etc open if they want to... absolutely bizarre to me some of the things you guys’ response involved such as the lack of testing to keep the numbers of infections low and letting the utah jazz get tested when only 55 people daily were getting tested across the country

the thing that they’re beginning here to emphasise, and rightly, is to not visit remote indigenous communities on top of aged care facilities because the majority of people in those communities are incredibly immunocompromised and they would get decimated if the virus managed to reach them

hm

it kind of does **** me up the wall that celebrities with no symptoms can be tested left right and centre while regular people with symptoms are turned back but such is society in the structure that we have (which is a torrid indictment on society, mind)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Can’t remember, but @MrDrew might have been the one to get me looking into the Squatty Potty as well. Or he and I got one at basically the same time independently. One or the other

I know we at least talked about it, and I did give it a good review

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or Entertainment. But Ben Gibbard from Death Cab/Postal Service/etc is playing for free daily on his youtube channel. I haven't heard of any other "major" artists doing this yet but hopefully it starts a trend.

He's live now if anyone needs some background music.

On 3/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, 49ersfan said:

Probably only a matter of time before they all close too....i've got some rum, gin, aguardiente, tequila, 3 bottles of vodka, and 15 beers. 

Jesus, how friggin contagious is thing?

Well it has an incubation period of 14 days, and you can feel completely normal during that whole time period. There is no handicap like with Sars where if you get it, you know you got it and can stay home. This is why it's so dangerous.

• Like 1