Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

One of the most dangerous parts of this virus is that you can have it and not even know.  For all I know, I have it.  You have NBA guys who have the luxury of getting tested, and you see positive results.  They're fine and barely feel the effects, but a network of people around them can get it and have really harmful effects.  That's true for a lot of our country I'm sure.  There is a massive population of people who feel fine but have it and will never know they do.  And then you have high-risk people who get sick and will have long-term effects from this or will die.  If everyone just had obvious and immediate symptoms, containment would be so much easier. 

• Like 4

Just now, NateDawg said:

One of the most dangerous parts of this virus is that you can have it and not even know.  For all I know, I have it.  You have NBA guys who have the luxury of getting tested, and you see positive results.  They're fine and barely feel the effects, but a network of people around them can get it and have really harmful effects.  That's true for a lot of our country I'm sure.  There is a massive population of people who feel fine but have it and will never know they do.  And then you have high-risk people who get sick and will have long-term effects from this or will die.  If everyone just had obvious and immediate symptoms, containment would be so much easier. 

Yeah, that's what really concerns me.  I've been around people from infected areas, mostly Washington and California, and I have personally checked in people from infected areas.  I am 90% sure I have it.  I have had a slight (VERY SLIGHT) cough the past week.  If I don't have it I'm going to have it, but other than once last February I've never been sick enough to think I need time off or anything. 

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Just saw a tweet that said 30 NYPD officers from the same district tested positive.  If true, just imagine ALL the people they’ve interacted with in the past two weeks. 

CORRECTION

one of them tested positive, an additional 30 have called in sick.  So it’s still possible.

Friends got quarantined in Da Nang, Vietnam. They were the last people in their hotel (been there 6 weeks now) and the hotel told them they could stay for free so long as they lock up at night or if they leave for food since all the staff was sent home. They posted videos and photos on facebook. They are the only people in a 7 floor hotel haha. They're convinced the rapture happened and they were left behind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Friends got quarantined in Da Nang, Vietnam. They were the last people in their hotel (been there 6 weeks now) and the hotel told them they could stay for free so long as they lock up at night or if they leave for food since all the staff was sent home. They posted videos and photos on facebook. They are the only people in a 7 floor hotel haha. They're convinced the rapture happened and they were left behind. 

Sounds like the start to a horror movie.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

I have never heard of this city until now...

It's small.  Kind treat it in similar capacity as Signal Hill is to Long Beach; except we still technically are serviced by City of Orange's municipal workers.  Basically we're a subset of that clustering of Orange, Anaheim, and Anaheim Hills (east side of the 55, between the 22 and 91).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Then, you have people who have the full blown acute Coronavirus where they are stuck in bed all day because they have no energy, fever, body aches, cough, inability to breath and a whole different group of people who only show a few of the symptoms (this is the group I'm in). I'm up and about, although locked in my room, without excessive fatigue or a fever. The range of this thing is friggin' crazy. You have people that start off racked out in bed and then, in my case, a random pressure in my chest that lead to a shortness of breath. Mine came out of nowhere in the middle of the day which made me think nothing of it. Now, I gradually started coughing, with more of a build up today than yesterday, and I've only had hot flashes or moments where I need to have a fan on. No fever at all, no body aches, no headaches. It's starting to get a little worse by the day but I'm not racked out yet. Crazy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Then, you have people who have the full blown acute Coronavirus where they are stuck in bed all day because they have no energy, fever, body aches, cough, inability to breath and a whole different group of people who only show a few of the symptoms (this is the group I'm in). I'm up and about, although locked in my room, without excessive fatigue or a fever. The range of this thing is friggin' crazy. You have people that start off racked out in bed and then, in my case, a random pressure in my chest that lead to a shortness of breath. Mine came out of nowhere in the middle of the day which made me think nothing of it. Now, I gradually started coughing, with more of a build up today than yesterday, and I've only had hot flashes or moments where I need to have a fan on. No fever at all, no body aches, no headaches. It's starting to get a little worse by the day but I'm not racked out yet. Crazy.

hope you feel better, and please keep us posted!

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

hope you feel better, and please keep us posted!

I feel pretty okay for having such a pain in the *** virus. I feel for the other people that have the more severe symptoms. Of course, this all could change but I felt far worse when I had Influenza B last month.

Sorry to hear but glad at this stage you are more on the friendly category. 

If you are married, just tell your wife how miserable you are even when you are feeling fine, so she can drop off extra goodies outside your room. Then binge Netflix without any responsibilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Sorry to hear but glad at this stage you are more on the friendly category. 

If you are married, just tell your wife how miserable you are even when you are feeling fine, so she can drop off extra goodies outside your room. Then binge Netflix without any responsibilities.

lol close, I live with my sister and she's a germaphobe so I'm 100% clear of doing anything other than disinfecting things that I touch after the bathroom and before I eat!

lol close, I live with my sister and she's a germaphobe so I'm 100% clear of doing anything other than disinfecting things that I touch after the bathroom and before I eat!

I have 3 boys, 4 and under. 

I don’t wish for the virus by any means but if it did, it would render me exempt from a lot of responsibilities for a couple weeks…

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Just saw a tweet that said 30 NYPD officers from the same district tested positive.  If true, just imagine ALL the people they’ve interacted with in the past two weeks. 

the doughnut shops' employees will be hit hard.

• Like 1