Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

27 minutes ago, theJ said:

What hell would that be?  Someone causing a scene?  Like that's not already happening, ha.

I think it's a good idea.  Though some people would probably call it price gouging. 

Things getting worse and people getting desperate. Hopefully that never happens. 

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I haven't read through the whole thing, but I'm sorry.

What state are you in? Do you think you know how you got it? Looks like you traveled to Phoenix. A lot of my coworkers were in Vegas for ConExpo.

Wisconsin and no clue

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So this is friggin crazy but I'm starting to see some other symptoms. Just in the last hour I've woken up with the chills and aches. I feel 10 times worse than I did just a few hours ago. 

Sounds like the flu tbh

I’m a nurse that works in an ICU in California. Our county has had a couple of positive results, but stable and were sent home to quarantine. We have one postive covid-19 on the ICU unit at the moment that requires monitoring. Personal protective equipment is really low, which is something that majority of the hospital are having issues with. There is definitely a lot of worry among the staff as we wait for the possible increase of sicker covid-19 patients coming in and possibly getting exposed without proper personal protective equipment. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 49ers4life52 said:

I’m a nurse that works in an ICU in California. Our county has had a couple of positive results, but stable and were sent home to quarantine. We have one postive covid-19 on the ICU unit at the moment that requires monitoring. Personal protective equipment is really low, which is something that majority of the hospital are having issues with. There is definitely a lot of worry among the staff as we wait for the possible increase of sicker covid-19 patients coming in and possibly getting exposed without proper personal protective equipment. 

where in CA?

One of the local homeless shelters is desperate for food donations.  With churches suspending events and restaurant operations slowing down to a crawl, they aren't getting any sort of food donations that they normally rely upon to keep feeding everyone.  My pastor just asked the group I lead if we had a few volunteers to come into the church kitchen and cook a meal for 40 people.  We're going to do that and more.  Just another group that is facing a really tough time from this.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

One of the local homeless shelters is desperate for food donations.  With churches suspending events and restaurant operations slowing down to a crawl, they aren't getting any sort of food donations that they normally rely upon to keep feeding everyone.  My pastor just asked the group I lead if we had a few volunteers to come into the church kitchen and cook a meal for 40 people.  We're going to do that and more.  Just another group that is facing a really tough time from this.  

Oh man I'm sorry to hear this! Our church is currently partnering with our local school to get food to our kids on free and reduced lunch. It's neat to see you guys reaching out to help your community in a time of need. As you come to mind, you'll be in my prayers.

• Like 1

My biggest fear is still that I’m going to get symptoms and have to tell my boss I’ve been incontact with several thousands of packages of meat we’ve sold. My hands are raw from washing them so often, and they are on fire every time I wash them now, and I still can’t help but think that’s not enough with how many people were contacting every day 

I know they have to stay open, but with all the people the suspect that have it and aren’t showing symptoms I don’t know how grocery stores aren’t just a nasty hub for this right now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

My biggest fear is still that I’m going to get symptoms and have to tell my boss I’ve been incontact with several thousands of packages of meat we’ve sold. My hands are raw from washing them so often, and they are on fire every time I wash them now, and I still can’t help but think that’s not enough with how many people were contacting every day 

I know they have to stay open, but with all the people the suspect that have it and aren’t showing symptoms I don’t know how grocery stores aren’t just a nasty hub for this right now 

If that person cooks his ribeye right, he won't care. ;)