CBA Approved

candyman93

58 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You know its a great deal when that turd hates it.

He's welcome to find another profession. Talk to Kaep and ask him to give some money to those bubble players. They play a GAME and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions for the superstars. Their job is to provide entertainment and they are handsomely rewarded for it. Many got free college educations too.

• Like 2

I do feel like a large part of the reason this was agreed to was because the NFL was unwilling to return to the bargaining table after the league year started.  I'm pretty sure that's what the NFLPA's various councils initial rejections were probing- how likely the owners were to sweeten the deal.  If this did not go down, and the league carried through their threat that they won't offer another deal until the 2020 season concludes, at which point the players are staring at a lockout while being offered a worse deal.

The NFLPA got raked over the coals in the negotiating period, but there wasn't a lot else the players could do really.

5 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

But they got weed taken off drug testing and no punishments for it. Seems like they got what they wanted. 

I think the players can still be tested for weed. The only thing that's changed is that the length when you can test (2 weeks only) and the amount needed to test positive.

Am I wrong?

While 14 playoff teams is a step in the right direction, I still want a 16-team playoff field down the road. As it is, in the last few years the first-round bye has been too much of a competitive advantage. The 2012 Ravens are the last Super Bowl team to have played in the wild card round. No one wants the Super Bowl to be #1 VS. #1 year after year.

Plus, in the next TV contract, I am adamant that the reverse mirror be adopted for Sunday afternoon games to distribute additional CBS and Fox games to markets via CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1, respectively. When the inevitable expansion to 16 playoff teams comes the reverse mirror would also be used in the first round during the early afternoon slots on CBS and Fox to have all playoff games air nationally in a way that won't require weeknight games.

Edited by pf9

The playoff seeding ways also need to change. Division winners would be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs but nothing more under my proposal. If a wild-card team has a better record than or would otherwise win a tie-breaker with a division winner, then the wild card team should naturally get the higher seed. Under my proposed 16 team bracket, last year the NFC East winners Philadelphia would only get a #7 seed, while Seattle and Minnesota would have faced each other as the #4 and #5 seeds. The Eagles would have lost a tie-breaker for the 6th seed to the Rams, sending Philly to Green Bay in round one.

16 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I think the players can still be tested for weed. The only thing that's changed is that the length when you can test (2 weeks only) and the amount needed to test positive.

Am I wrong?

No testing for weed at all. Only way you get in trouble for it is if you pull a Greg Robinson and get arrested with a ton of it. 

4 hours ago, sherm said:

Those current players that voted yes won't understand till their bodies are broken post career or see someone like my friend who played CB(never tackled lol) for 8 yrs and has a beat up mind and body. Sad.

Doesn't matter I need to be iced up in chains when I be poppin bottles in the club. 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

While 14 playoff teams is a step in the right direction, I still want a 16-team playoff field down the road. As it is, in the last few years the first-round bye has been too much of a competitive advantage. The 2012 Ravens are the last Super Bowl team to have played in the wild card round. No one wants the Super Bowl to be #1 VS. #1 year after year.

Plus, in the next TV contract, I am adamant that the reverse mirror be adopted for Sunday afternoon games to distribute additional CBS and Fox games to markets via CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1, respectively. When the inevitable expansion to 16 playoff teams comes the reverse mirror would also be used in the first round during the early afternoon slots on CBS and Fox to have all playoff games air nationally in a way that won't require weeknight games.

You want 50% of the league to make the playoffs, further rewarding lackluster play? :)

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

He's welcome to find another profession. Talk to Kaep and ask him to give some money to those bubble players. They play a GAME and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions for the superstars. Their job is to provide entertainment and they are handsomely rewarded for it. Many got free college educations too.

My thoughts exactly. There are teachers, first responders and active duty military members that struggle to put food on the table. These guys don't have to get paid millions to play a sport. If they're so miserable, they can retire and enter the workforce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

17 game seasons make no sense to me and adding 2 more playoff teams makes even LESS sense. 

but go ahead NFL, keep watering down the product....

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money (or the neverending quest to get the Cowboys in the playoffs).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

I'm mainly concerned about the rest advantages that I want to eliminate completely. I want every playoff team to have an equal chance on paper to make the Super Bowl

Then the regular season would essentially be meaningless. Win less than half your games and you have the same chance as a 16-1 team to get to the Super Bowl? Multiple teams would also treat the last couple of weeks like preseason games knowing they are all going to make the playoffs and are locked in to play wildcard weekend. The product is going to suffer.

The stories of teams like the 1980 Raiders, 2000 Ravens, 2005 Steelers, 2007 Giants, and 2010 Packers are more special because of the hard road the road they had to take to win a championship. Really cements the "David versus Goliath" narrative. At least for me.

Edited by PapaShogun