Vikings trade WR Stefon Diggs and pick to Bills for 4 picks

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Josh Allen scored 30 TD's last year lol. He certainly could be better, but he's not garbage.

I don't think he's garbage. But Diggs is someone who can get toxic when the QB fails to get him the ball. I'm not sure going to Josh Allen is going to help that issue.

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hell of a haul for the Vikings, especially in a draft that is wr stacked. 

I hate to lose Diggs, but you're right.  If we can use the Bills' pick to replace him with a good WR, we will reduce our cap number this year and also get rid of a guy who was starting to become a bit of a malcontent.  Probably smart to move on.

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Talk to your Khan buddy, he's the one who wants to turn this into an outrageous Jags claim...which you seem to support. 

He does this everywhere and yet you continue to feed into everything. Like, why?

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I think Diggs' personality is a REAL problem. I remember when he was in college he had a LOT of bad buzz in college park, and that's why he tanked in the draft and the local teams passed on him. Obviously, he hasn't done anything super terrible as a pro. But, being the diva PITA that he's been is not a risk I'd take for an up and coming QB and team.

Also, there are at least 5 WRs in this draft I value on a rookie contract more than Diggs. 

You may be completely right that he's just got too much of that diva WR thing to really succeed. That's why I said in retrospect this may turn out to be a dud for Buffalo. But while it would be a shame to waste a 1st, it's not like they gave up so much that it sets the franchise significantly back years.

Also, maybe you're right about your WRs, but I've been watching the NFL long enough to know that projecting prospects is an absolute crapshoot. How the board falls, how WRs are used in certain coach's offense, players' personalities, work ethic, skills, bust factor, etc... there are just too many unknowns to proclaim that obviously a team should forego a solid trade in order to target specific players in the draft. Unless it's like a top 5 pick that you can be reasonably sure you can get. And even though...I mean the bust rate is just staggering.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That's what a very good but not great WR went for...

Yeah. A normal person would have gotten more for Hopkins. 

Or, actually - a normal person wouldn't trade Hopkins to begin with. But, I digress.

• Like 2