Vikings trade WR Stefon Diggs and pick to Bills for 4 picks

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm guessing Diggs is gonna demand a new contract as a part of the trade. Bills don't have to give him his wish but he certainly won't be shy about causing trouble for them if they do, and they just gave up way too much not to try and keep him happy. 

Would be unprecedented given he has 4 years left. I can't remember that ever happening

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This is the big thing. That contract is awesome

Yep, particularly since Buffalo won't be on the hook for the remaining bonus proration.

From Buffalo's perspective he has a four-year deal with salaries of:

• 2020 (26): $10.9M
  • 2021 (27): $11.4M
  • 2022 (28): $11.4M
  • 2023 (29): $11.4M

With the cap likely to increase drastically in the coming seasons, having him on such a good, cost-controlled deal is awesome. AND because they're not on the hook for the bonus, it's almost riskless if he falls off or has a severe injury in the future as it's essentially effectively a series of options for them.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Bills were in a bad spot at WR, so it makes sense.  Still, considering who is Minnesota's head coach, I feel like this is a major win for the Vikings. 

Bills should have just drafted one in the first, instead of giving up multiple picks.

Diggs is probably going to act like a pain until he gets more money as payment for going to Buffalo... and then you they have to live with him. Really think this is a misstep by the Bills.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

Diggs is going from one of the better deep ball QBs in the league to one of the worst deep ball QBs...let's see if he is gonna top his last 2 seasons numbers. 

But Allen was one of the better deep ball throwers the year before I'm pretty sure.

It's Josh Allen... Sort of an any given day he can be really good or bad at anything

Just now, sp6488 said:

Yep, particularly since Buffalo won't be on the hook for the remaining bonus proration.

From Buffalo's perspective he has a four-year deal with salaries of:

• 2020 (26): $10.9M
  • 2021 (27): $11.4M
  • 2022 (28): $11.4M
  • 2023 (29): $11.4M

With the cap likely to increase drastically in the coming seasons, having him on such a good, cost-controlled deal is awesome. AND because they're not on the hook for the bonus, it's almost riskless if he falls off or has a severe injury in the future as it's essentially effectively a series of options for them.

.... Diggs is definitely going to pout there unless he gets a "market value" bonus or something.

If they wanted a real cost controlled contract they should have just drafted Ruggs or Jefferson in the draft. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Now they just need to find a QB. 

What’s the deal with you coming into every thread the past few days and going after teams’ QBs? 

Are you that insecure with your team bro lol i can promise you Raven + Bills fans much prefer our QB situations to yours 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Would be unprecedented given he has 4 years left. I can't remember that ever happening

He started working on forcing his way out of Minnesota with 5 years left on his contract, so what's a 4 year commitment to him? He has the leverage too; they just shot their shot and paid up in draft picks like he's an elite receiver. He will no doubt demand compensation that matches that. 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm guessing Diggs is gonna demand a new contract as a part of the trade. Bills don't have to give him his wish but he certainly won't be shy about causing trouble for them if they do, and they just gave up way too much not to try and keep him happy. 

Not saying it won't happen, but he would likely be better served revisting that conversation in ~2 years, following his age-27 season. The cap will have likely increased at that point and other guys would have set the market. If he got a new-let's call it six year-deal now, then he'd be signed through his age-31 season (FA for 32+), not the best time to hit the open market as a WR. If he waits two years, he would still be getting paid good $$, but could likely demand through age-33 at higher AAV.

• Like 1