Vikings trade WR Stefon Diggs and pick to Bills for 4 picks

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, theJ said:

LOL Texans

Good to see Diggs get out Minny though.  He'll do better with Allen and an offense built around the pass, i think.

Built around the pass is fine but can Allen get him the ball? Complained about Kirk wait until he’s streaking down field wide open arms stretched out and be missed by ten yards. 

Just now, TheBeast23 said:

Built around the pass is fine but can Allen get him the ball? Complained about Kirk wait until he’s streaking down field wide open arms stretched out and be missed by ten yards. 

I think Allen's better than most give him credit for.  He got remarkably better from 2018 to 2019, and John Brown just had a 1000 yard season with him.  Brown caught a lot of stuff downfield last year (17 - 20+ yard catches).

Plus, if they're giving up this much draft capital, they intend to use him.  Which was never the case in Minnesota.  He was used only when they couldn't run the ball or they couldn't get it Thielen. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

That might be a good option as long as we don’t end up with another Troy Williamson, Cordarrelle Patterson, or Laquon Treadwell.

That's a possibility.  Then again we drafted another guy in 1998 with the 21st pick who turned out pretty well.  I hate to lose Diggs too since he was a very good player, but this might have been the best time to get rid of him if it was inevitable for him to go anyway.  We got a lot of picks and this is a deep draft for WRs.  In addition to that, the trade saves up cap space and could enable us to pick up another good free agent that will help the team. 

Players better are careful about what they complain about, because if you do you have the chance of being shipped to Buffalo.  Not that I have anything bad to say about Buffalo, I like it there, I went to school near there, and I am a homebody.   However, if you are a young man with a lot of money expecting to go out on the town to spend that money I am not sure what you do...Uber it to Toronto I guess...which isn't a bad gig the more I write this out...okay...Buffalo is cool!  

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Players better are careful about what they complain about, because if you do you have the chance of being shipped to Buffalo.  Not that I have anything bad to say about Buffalo, I like it there, I went to school near there, and I am a homebody.   However, if you are a young man with a lot of money expecting to go out on the town to spend that money I am not sure what you do...Uber it to Toronto I guess...which isn't a bad gig the more I write this out...okay...Buffalo is cool!  

This narrative is really weak man and it's overused.

Jordan Poyer seems to enjoy it here and spends more time in Miami than Buffalo. Point being, these guys make enough money to fly to wherever they want to have their fun.

2 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Is he really going to be going out on the town to spend money during the season? Sounds more like an off-season activity.

5 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

This season Allen will be able to hit the deep ball but forget how to get the ball to Cole Beasley. He is destined to go back and forth with his strengths and weaknesses each year I think. 

11 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

That’s just not true. To pretend that diggs was a clear cut number two when he had opposing teams top corners shadowing him AND working with safety help over the top is asinine. We just traded away our best receiver who had played an intricate role in making Adam thielen a better player. Now that this so called “cancer” is gone, let’s see Adam thielen get 8 straight 100 yard games again and lead our team. Funny thing is all those 100 yard games stopped immediately after diggs got injured. 

Huh? May be if Theilen is out? But Diggs wasn't even used with Theilen in. Part of the reasom he wanted to leave.

10 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

Huh? May be if Theilen is out? But Diggs wasn't even used with Theilen in. Part of the reasom he wanted to leave.

Tell me you’re joking please. Are you a Vikings fan talking like this? Diggs wasn’t used AS much as he should have, but he has had many of his top games with thielen in the lineup. Last year he just showed us he doesn’t need thielen to be a top receiver hence he had his career high in yards. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Tell me you’re joking please. Are you a Vikings fan talking like this? Diggs wasn’t used AS much as he should have, but he has had many of his top games with thielen in the lineup. Last year he just showed us he doesn’t need thielen to be a top receiver hence he had his career high in yards. 

Theilen is and has been our clear number 1 receiver with no debate for the last 2 years. Just because you like the non home grown Diggs over Theilen thats beyond me. How can you sit here and say anything else. Don't make me pull up the numbers.... Its really not even a debate.

Edited by HeydudemanG
  • Like 1