Tom Brady Announces He's Leaving New England

ramssuperbowl99

6 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

I saw this coming and would still be totally shocked if it actually happened 

Oh, everybody should have seen it coming. The signs were there for OVER A YEAR. More than a year really, but once he forced his those outs in his contract last year, the stage was really set. Every sign was pointing to him going. Nothing Bill said/did made it seem like he was overly concerned with keeping him at all costs, Brady never said/did anything that made it sound like he wanted to be back. ALL SIGNS POINTED TO HIM LEAVING: Selling the house, moving the family, cutting ties with his local charities, kid's schools, commitments, etc.

I feel like a lot of people here laughed at me and said I was being absurd for thinking he was leaving.

And yet, even as recent as yesterday, there was still that feeling in the back of everyone's mind,  of...he's not going to ACTUALLY DO IT, is he!?!? Therefore, despite EVERY tangible warning and piece of evidence, it's still stunning that he's no longer a Patriot.

He actually effing did it.

50 minutes ago, Starless said:

Bucs record as a franchise (incl. playoffs): 273-433-1

Tom Brady's Record as a starter: 249-75

Another BB/Brady record that is freaking mind-blowing.

Tom Brady has almost as many wins as a franchise that has been around since the 70s, hahaha!

9 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Oh, everybody should have seen it coming. The signs were there for OVER A YEAR. More than a year really, but once he forced his those outs in his contract last year, the stage was really set. Every sign was pointing to him going. Nothing Bill said/did made it seem like he was overly concerned with keeping him at all costs, Brady never said/did anything that made it sound like he wanted to be back. ALL SIGNS POINTED TO HIM LEAVING: Selling the house, moving the family, cutting ties with his local charities, kid's schools, commitments, etc.

I feel like a lot of people here laughed at me and said I was being absurd for thinking he was leaving.

And yet, even as recent as yesterday, there was still that feeling in the back of everyone's mind,  of...he's not going to ACTUALLY DO IT, is he!?!? Therefore, despite EVERY tangible warning and piece of evidence, it's still stunning that he's no longer a Patriot.

He actually effing did it.

Yet, the most popular teams linked to him went their own way and signed other players at his position within the first window of Free Agency (TEN, OAK, IND), and the most probable team he was supposed to go back to reportedly didn't even make him an offer. At this point, it's clear Brady's market wasn't what everyone assumed it was going to be. It's probably TB or LAC at this point, and that was probably the last two teams on his list, given all the options. You might be right about the fact that he is leaving, but for every wrong reason.

Edited by Nex_Gen

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

And where this will all blow up in Brady's face even more...

Belichick is about to take on (and fix) Jameis thereby laying the pimp hand across the face of Brady's legacy with regard to his (BB) own legacy.

Honestly, I'm rooting for them both. I almost never rooted for them together on the Patriots, it was so boring. They made so much about the NFL so boring because nothing mattered because they'd always AT LEAST be in the AFCCG.

But apart? Oh man, I'm rooting for them both to succeed separately.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Lol

I mean, he isn't completely wrong. Belichick was selfish that game and contradicted himself at the worst possible moment. It's about TEAM, not Steve Belichick or whatever the issue actually was that led to Butler being humiliated.

Edited by DoleINGout

2 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Yet, the most popular teams linked to him went their own way and signed other players at his position within the first window of Free Agency (TEN, OAK, IND), and the most probable team he was supposed to go back to reportedly didn't even make him an offer. At this point, it's clear Brady's market wasn't what everyone assumed it was going to be. It's probably TB or LAC at this point, and that was probably the last two teams on his list, given all the options. You might be right about the fact that he is leaving, but for every wrong reason.

You forgot Las Vegas 

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

Yet, the most popular teams linked to him went their own way and signed other players at his position within the first window of Free Agency (TEN, OAK, IND), and the most probable team he was supposed to go back to reportedly didn't even make him an offer. At this point, it was clear Brady's market wasn't what everyone assumed it was going to be. It's probably TB or LAC at this point, and that was probably the last two teams on his list, given all the options. You might be right about the fact that he is leaving, but for every wrong reason.

I'm not wrong about the REASON he's leaving. But it certainly looks like it won't be any of the teams that, in my mind, made the most sense. Assuming it ends up being the Bucs, anyways.

At season's end, I didn't think it would be Tenn or Indy. I thought Vegas was possible but not probable. I just thought Brady would have preferred to be in L.A., NYC, or Miami.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Lol

I don't think it is specifically about MB, per se. But I do think it's the fact that he did something like that, yet continues to treat Brady with a (perceived or otherwise) lack of respect. If BB did that, but their relationship was super strong, it wouldn't have mattered.

The fact that Kraft didn't step in and intervene to keep Brady in town does carry more than a whiff of Brady having done something to fall out of favor with the team over the past 18 months. I think the turning point was the Antonio Brown situation. Brady clearly wanted them to keep Brown, even after it was clear that the guy was the PR equivalent of raw sewage. That absolutely would've gone over poorly with ownership if Brady was really strident about it inside the facility. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

Just now, Starless said:

The fact that Kraft didn't step in and intervene to keep Brady in town does carry more than a whiff of Brady having done something to fall out of favor with the team over the past 18 months. I think the turning point was the Antonio Brown situation. Brady clearly wanted them to keep Brown, even after it was clear that the guy was the PR equivalent of raw sewage. 

Lol goes to show how dire the WR situation was in NE outside of edelman

18 minutes ago, The LBC said:

And where this will all blow up in Brady's face even more...

Belichick is about to take on (and fix) Jameis thereby laying the pimp hand across the face of Brady's legacy with regard to his (BB) own legacy.

Meanwhile...

• Like 1