Panthers signing QB Teddy Bridgewater (3 years, $60 M)

RaidersAreOne

Great move by Carolina.

starter quality QB for 3 years 60 mil? That’s peanuts for a QB, and if they land someone in the draft or it’s not a great fit they aren’t handcuffed by an untradeable contract.

I’m impressed, there are a lot of teams who this would have been a great move for. 

8 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Great move by Carolina.

starter quality QB for 3 years 60 mil? That’s peanuts for a QB, and if they land someone in the draft or it’s not a great fit they aren’t handcuffed by an untradeable contract.

I’m impressed, there are a lot of teams who this would have been a great move for. 

Indy should have done this rather than bet on an ancient and mostly busted Rivers tbqh

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This hurts their value on Newton now, no? They would never keep both and teams know that.

They could get some use out of Cam doing other things.

THAT would be fun to watch.

He's just super expensive for that role lol. 

Maybe they release him 

Edited by Dome

31 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Great deal, he will once again prove he belongs as a big time starter. I still believe in him.

I don't think he's gonna be "big time" but I think he's gonna be really solid. IMO He isn't a guy that you should rely on to carry your offense, he's not gonna win many game with the team on his back. He'll do well with the weapons in Carolina if they can protect him. He doesn't make a lot of stupid mistakes, and he's well grounded even in big moments.

Locker room is gonna love him, community is gonna love him more. He's a legend in New Orleans, not just for what he did on the field. 

• Like 2