Where will Drew Brees play next year?

Webmaster

25 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:
29 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Houston, New York Jets, Cincinnati, Miami, Chicago, Buffalo, Washington (If Kirk leaves), San Francisco, and Cleveland would all be exploring options to get Brees on the roster, probably a few teams I'm forgetting as well.

Two years ago, I'd agree on Houston. Given we have Deshaun Watson and we're looking at a significant extension for both Jadevion Clowney and Bernardrick McKinney, I don't think the Texans would get into the Brees discussion.

I wouldn't mind, but this is Watson's team now.

I'll add this, however - I'd take Sean Payton in a heartbeat.

I'm a little surprised that Minnesota isn't being mentioned as a likely landing spot much. Both Teddy B and Bradford are Free agents. They have talent on offense, a playoff caliber defense, and are currently sitting with a good amount of cap space next year (top 10 in the league). They would need to work on that o-line, but that would be a good fit.

Arizona would make sense, potentially Jax as well.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm a little surprised that Minnesota isn't being mentioned as a likely landing spot much. Both Teddy B and Bradford are Free agents. They have talent on offense, a playoff caliber defense, and are currently sitting with a good amount of cap space next year (top 10 in the league). They would need to work on that o-line, but that would be a good fit.

Arizona would make sense, potentially Jax as well.

you think after Farve the Viking are going to go down that road with Brees?  If Teddy is healthy he is plan A that's a lock.  Would you take Brees over Bradford?  I think I would go Bradford.  Would you go Jimmy G over Brees? I would definitely go Jimmy G because he is 26 years old vs what 40 ? 

Cardinals I could see palmer is done

Jax is getting a 1st round QB

2 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

you think after Farve the Viking are going to go down that road with Brees?

Being a play or two away from the Super Bowl is bad? Favre crashed and burned, but before that he took them to a legitimate Super Bowl contender in ‘09. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Being a play or two away from the Super Bowl is bad? Favre crashed and burned, but before that he took them to a legitimate Super Bowl contender in ‘09. 

I would go Bridgewater if healthy over Brees without question.  if it comes to Bradford or Brees.  that is a tough one. 

14 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

you think after Farve the Viking are going to go down that road with Brees?  If Teddy is healthy he is plan A that's a lock.  Would you take Brees over Bradford?  I think I would go Bradford.  Would you go Jimmy G over Brees? I would definitely go Jimmy G because he is 26 years old vs what 40 ? 

Cardinals I could see palmer is done

Jax is getting a 1st round QB

I think that a team that would allow for a previous decision to impact a future one that has nothing to do with it is being idiotic. And at least Favre had one good year with them, which is really all your asking for in Brees (maybe 2).

You would rather give Jimmy G 20 million a season based on a couple of games than go with a guy that has shown no signs of slowing down as of yet? Just because he's 26 doesn't actually mean he's any good. Bradford is struggling with his knee again, and while he can be a very underrated quarterback, the fact of the matter is that he's not Brees. If you think that Brees is going to just fall off a cliff specifically next year, I get it. But based on what we have seen from those two guys, Brees presents the better opportunity to win the super bowl next year. So yeah, I'd take Brees on a short term relationship over all those guys you mention.Teddy B? Have no idea what that knee is like, and while he was solid his first couple of years, I would argue that he wasn't necessarily spectacular. That seems a bit bargain bin to me, I get the appeal, but he's not a guy that I would want to go into the season with an automatic lock on a starting quarterback job (this could change if he comes back this year, shows what he can do and it's really good, etc).

3 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I would go Bridgewater if healthy over Brees without question.  if it comes to Bradford or Brees.  that is a tough one. 

I think the qualifier on Bridgewater is a hang up. Not only do they need to believe he’s healthy for now, but trust that his knee is going to stay healthy going forward. The team may not trust that situation as much as a fan might. Or they may. But it’s not a black and white situation.

Just now, iPwn said:

I think the qualifier on Bridgewater is a hang up. Not only do they need to believe he’s healthy for now, but trust that his knee is going to stay healthy going forward. The team may not trust that situation as much as a fan might. Or they may. But it’s not a black and white situation.

Or what his level of play will be

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

What about the possibility of him simply walking away from the game.  He's "got his money."  Maybe he decides to simply leave the game, rather than looking for greener pastures.

agreed if his only choice is buffalo I would retire and try to save the CTE. 

Archived