Where will Drew Brees play next year?

Webmaster

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I disagree with @Tugboat in that he would have to come with Sean Payton though. I think Brees would work still with Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett. Marrone was Brees' OC from 2006-2008, actually.

I think it’s more that Marrone is bad and he’d waste the 1-2 years of productivity we’d get from Brees.

I think you have to take into consideration he's close to 40 and will want to sign with a team that is about a QB away from winning/competing for a Super Bowl. I think that rules out:

*Jacksonville

*Cleveland

*NY Jets

Potential Darkhorses could/would be:

*Kansas City (If they trade Alex Smith and want to wait on Mahommes)

*Buffalo (Their roster is still not there but they aren't a dumpster fire)

Potential favorites:

*Cincinnati if they move Dalton. They have a lot of weapons and their defense has some potential...they need to shore up that OLine

*Minnesota: Playoff caliber team that could move on from Bradford

*Washington: If Cousins leaves

12 hours ago, everlong said:

Cincinnati could use him. They can easily move on from Dalton after this season and they'd only have to focus on improving their offensive line.

Doubt Brees would want to play outdoors in a cold climate at this point in his career. His style is best indoors or in warm, dry weather

5 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I am going to say he gets pushed into retirement and will have to wait and see if someone gets hurt.  much like how jay cutler's offseason went.   

Absolutely zero chance a top 5 QB isn't signed by a team in the off-season. Jay Cutler is mediocre, thats why he sat around so long.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Absolutely zero chance a top 5 QB isn't signed by a team in the off-season. Jay Cutler is mediocre, thats why he sat around so long.

I just don't think there will be starting spot for him.  4 first round QBs will take starting jobs.  Cousins and Jimmy G are getting starting jobs in the league in FA before Bress.  maybe the broncos but seem to like Siemian.  Maybe the bengals.     

Brees is a top 5 QB. No team is starting a rookie over him if they have a decent roster and Jimmy G will be an after thought compared to a HOF QB.

Houston, New York Jets, Cincinnati, Miami, Chicago, Buffalo, Washington (If Kirk leaves), San Francisco, and Cleveland would all be exploring options to get Brees on the roster, probably a few teams I'm forgetting as well. Brees probably has 2-3 great years left at best, so a rookie or sophomore QB shouldn't stop teams from signing him. If Houston can shore up the OL and sign Brees, they're my SB pick for next year.

28 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I am going to say he gets pushed into retirement and will have to wait and see if someone gets hurt.  much like how jay cutler's offseason went.   

Yeah, there's a slightly above zero chance that happens.  The league is too QB starved for a team to not want to bring him on board.

12 hours ago, everlong said:

Cincinnati could use him. They can easily move on from Dalton after this season and they'd only have to focus on improving their offensive line.

This is exactly what I cam e to say.  I don't think it ever happens.  But if they did sign him, Dalton could get traded or released, and they could spend all top draft capitol on the o-line.  By exchanging brees for Dalton, the cap hit only goes up $5-6 million, so they could still have cash to get one free agent lineman as well, which is even m,ore unlikely, given they let Whitworth and Zeitler walk out the door.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Houston, New York Jets, Cincinnati, Miami, Chicago, Buffalo, Washington (If Kirk leaves), San Francisco, and Cleveland would all be exploring options to get Brees on the roster, probably a few teams I'm forgetting as well.

Two years ago, I'd agree on Houston. Given we have Deshaun Watson and we're looking at a significant extension for both Jadevion Clowney and Bernardrick McKinney, I don't think the Texans would get into the Brees discussion.

I wouldn't mind, but this is Watson's team now.

Redskins will probably over pay after botching the Cousins negotiations. Brees shows McNabb type of regression and the Redskins are cap strapped on a QB almost in his 40s. 

Note: I'm not saying that I actually think Brees will regress next year fro sure, I'm just saying if he goes to the Redskins that will happen B|

13 hours ago, Webmaster said:

I noticed the Saints fans were discussing the possibility that both Sean Payton and Drew Brees could be gone if the Saints can't turn it around after an 0-2.   If that happens, where will Drew Brees go next season?   What team could he turn into a contender?  

Kill me

Archived