2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Im not sure about it being diluted (I could be totally wrong). But normally a diluted is for a guy that trying to add weight for their weigh in. Becton did not have to worry about that. In fact it might have helped him to be lighter if anything. 

I saw message somewhere along the lines that Becton drank a ton of water to get up to 364 at the combine and then the next day did his drills at 355, so it wouldn't surprise me. I also don't know if that's valid information or just hearsay.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I saw message somewhere along the lines that Becton drank a ton of water to get up to 364 at the combine and then the next day did his drills at 355, so it wouldn't surprise me. I also don't know if that's valid information or just hearsay.

Becton is in stage one so he took something unapproved substance.  I don't know how bad is it but he has a strike one on his resume.

Edited by JetsandI

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

All aboard the ceedee Lamb train. Dude is a stud, reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins in a lot of ways.

But I love his hands,  competitiveness,  and toughness.  He'd give sam a #1 wr,  someone to score tds

And look at how good Watson has been despite poor OL play.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Elite wr effect. Elite wrs have made qbs look better by bailing them out. Darnold needs a top wr to take the next step, without playmakers hes not gonna be dynamic. 

We made ol signings, we can find starting ol in round 2 and 3.

Ceedee Lamb and jerry Jeudy are better talents than the ot that may fall to us.

5 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Watson's line hasn't been great,  but he a lot of his sacks happen because he holds the ball forever sometimes.   Also it's still been a fair bit better than ours

Edited by rampantjet

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

Watson's line hasn't been great,  but he a lot of his fans harken because he holds the ball forever sometimes.   Also it's still been a fair bit better than ours

I think Darnold led the league in how long he held the ball. I could be wrong but I remember he held the ball longer than most anyone. A better line will def help but Darnold releasing the ball quicker would prob yield a higher return in the long run. Imo. Something I'm sure hes working on. 

Guys like Brady, Brees, Manning, ect, they all made their OLines look elite cause it was tough to sack them since they would get rid of the ball so quickly. A quick read/release makes a mediocre oline look like a pro bowl one. Conversely,  a QB who holds the ball too long makes their oline look infinitely worse.

Edited by KodiakThunder
Addendum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

I think Darnold led the league in how long he held the ball. I could be wrong but I remember he held the ball longer than most anyone. A better line will def help but Darnold releasing the ball quicker would prob yield a higher return in the long run. Imo. Something I'm sure hes working on. 

Guys like Brady, Brees, Manning, ect, they all made their OLines look elite cause it was tough to sack them since they would get rid of the ball so quickly. A quick read/release makes a mediocre oline look like a pro bowl one. Conversely,  a QB who holds the ball too long makes their oline look infinitely worse.

not only does he take too long to  scan the field while hes running for his life from pass rushers AND some ghosts, but then he has this habit he can't seem to shake no matter what.  Throwing off back foot - jr. high school style.  One of the reasons I like Lamb is that he is an octopus and will snag a lot of those errant throws that others wouldn't.

Edited by dcat

3 minutes ago, dcat said:

not only does he take too long to  scan the field while hes running for his life from pass rushers AND some ghosts, but then he has this habit he can't seem to shake no matter what.  Throwing off back foot - jr. high school style.  One of the reasons I like Lamb is that he is an octopus and will snag a lot of those errant throws that others wouldn't.

That's an absolute excellent point. 

20 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

That's an absolute excellent point. 

well I know I'm being hard on Sam because he really had terrible protection and HAD to throw while on the run... but he's supposed to be good at that and he'll get better. But the truth is that he will always improvise and he WILL take huge chances.  It's his nature.  It was Favre's nature.  He'll learn to constrain it a bit but he will always improvise and that requires guys like Lamb can and will naturally track that thing and beat the defenders.  If you can get that particular skill or trait in your WR, with a QB like Sam, you just can't pass on this opportunity.  It's borderline criminal. :)