Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

QB and Edge, IDGAF about anything else.  A true edge will transform our defense.  Kinda sucks I've been saying that since the switch in '06.  But it's pathetic we've been a 3-4 since trading away Abe and have never replaced him.

Well we tried in ‘08 with Gholston and he was a bust. And I still have no clue what we were thinking with Coples.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

QB and Edge, IDGAF about anything else.  A true edge will transform our defense.  Kinda sucks I've been saying that since the switch in '06.  But it's pathetic we've been a 3-4 since trading away Abe and have never replaced him.

Kirk + Chubb = wins

If we aren't planning on signing a QB, I honestly don't trust Mac to make the right choice in the draft.  With that said, if Rosen and Darnold return, which rumor has it they may, Cousins or another FA QB makes a lot more sense given the top three QB's in the draft in no particular order would be Mayfield, Allen, and Jackson. 

At this point I’m hoping Rosen and Darnold just go back to school. We are going to need to endure another year of Bowles so unless they sign Cousins it’s pointless anyway. I’d rather wait another year than draft Baker Mayfield

Morton has proved to be a good coach but otherwise there’s nothing really going on here that supports a young QB. Decent WRs, bad o line and no running game? A defensive head coach who inevitably holds all the cards at the position. I don’t feel good about it 

7 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we aren't planning on signing a QB, I honestly don't trust Mac to make the right choice in the draft.  With that said, if Rosen and Darnold return, which rumor has it they may, Cousins or another FA QB makes a lot more sense given the top three QB's in the draft in no particular order would be Mayfield, Allen, and Jackson. 

I think it makes more sense for both players to come out and then the Browns trade out of the 1st pick for a haul and select a QB at #4. That way they at least get something for the #1 pick. If they decide not to trade it and Darnold and Rosen don't come out then they'd likely be picking from Mayfield/Allen/Jackson anyway.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Rosen is coming out. Darnold I’m not sure about. He might go back after a rather bad season.

How true it is I don't know, but I heard that Rosen in going to graduate early in a couple of weeks. From what they say he is a very smart guy. So what is the purpose of him staying at UCLA? The only reason I have been pushing Rosen, is because my left wing looney relatives in So Cal told me a couple of years ago watch out for this kid Rosen he is the real deal. Yes the same relatives that keep voting for Nancy Pelosi.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

How true it is I don't know, but I heard that Rosen in going to graduate early in a couple of weeks. From what they say he is a very smart guy. So what is the purpose of him staying at UCLA? The only reason I have been pushing Rosen, is because my left wing looney relatives in So Cal told me a couple of years ago watch out for this kid Rosen he is the real deal. Yes the same relatives that keep voting for Nancy Pelosi.

His reason for staying could simply be... he doesn’t want to be a Cleveland Brown.

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well we tried in ‘08 with Gholston and he was a bust. And I still have no clue what we were thinking with Coples.

Well, that was all Rex Ryan, right? His kid played at the same school as Coples or something? He saw Coples and thought he could turn him into a perfect player for his scheme. 

I do believe we have come far since the Ryan era, in a relatively short span. 

Hopefully, we find the QB next and take another leap forward.

9 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Well, that was all Rex Ryan, right? His kid played at the same school as Coples or something? He saw Coples and thought he could turn him into a perfect player for his scheme. 

I do believe we have come far since the Ryan era, in a relatively short span. 

Hopefully, we find the QB next and take another leap forward.

I remember the majority of us wanting Melvin Ingram

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wanted Chandler Jones.

I was all over Chandler Jones for months.  I swear if I was GM for this team we would have been great lol.

Coples was a perfect 3-4 end and had a promising start THEN we drafted Richardson and put Coples outside and ruined him.  THEN we drafted Leo and put Sheldon outside and ruined him.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I was all over Chandler Jones for months.  I swear if I was GM for this team we would have been great lol.

Coples was a perfect 3-4 end and had a promising start THEN we drafted Richardson and put Coples outside and ruined him.  THEN we drafted Leo and put Sheldon outside and ruined him.

Supposedly Tammy wanted Jones and Rex over ruled him to get Coples

Archived