Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

8 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Supposedly Tammy wanted Jones and Rex over ruled him to get Coples

Jets were initially supposed to trade back but when Seattle picked Irvin we balked and chose Coples. I think they were eyeing Coples/Irving/DeCastro but would only move back if all 3 were available at our pick.

The way it look now I can't see up moving up in the draft after I look at the schedule in the last games of the season.

Bears at Minnesota

San Francisco at L A Rams

Kansas City at Denver

Houston  at Indianapolis  This is the only game that could help us if Houston wins, and I not sure a Houston win would help us. they will end up 5-11 also

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The way it look now I can't see up moving up in the draft after I look at the schedule in the last games of the season.

Bears at Minnesota

San Francisco at L A Rams

Kansas City at Denver

Houston  at Indianapolis  This is the only game that could help us if Houston wins, and I not sure a Houston win would help us. they will end up 5-11 also

Kansas City locked up the division already, they might be resting players. And the 49ers can lose and we could still move ahead of them. We are tied with strength of schedule so we'd need the Panthers to beat the Falcons and a few other things to bounce out way.

The big ones to look for is Denver over KC and Tampa over Saints. Divisional games are never a gimmie and Tampa almost beat the Panthers this week.

11 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Kansas City locked up the division already, they might be resting players. And the 49ers can lose and we could still move ahead of them. We are tied with strength of schedule so we'd need the Panthers to beat the Falcons and a few other things to bounce out way.

The big ones to look for is Denver over KC and Tampa over Saints. Divisional games are never a gimmie and Tampa almost beat the Panthers this week.

Does Tampa have a stronger SOS than the Jets?

It would be great for us to move ahead of Denver. Just one less team that could draft a QB. 

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So Arians is out in Arizona. Let’s give the cards a 4th to take Bowles back 

It's not a foregone conclusion that Arians is stepping away, however, if Bowles wanted to leave for Arizona and they were willing to trade picks - it would become an interesting situation. 

I am OK with Bowles staying, but I kinda like the prospect of him moving on to AZ even more.

Maybe we could lure Pete Carmichael here, or maybe we could promote Morton to HC.

In any case, I do like the idea of trying to mirror/mimmick what the Saints are doing.

40 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I am OK with Bowles staying, but I kinda like the prospect of him moving on to AZ even more.

Maybe we could lure Pete Carmichael here, or maybe we could promote Morton to HC.

In any case, I do like the idea of trying to mirror/mimmick what the Saints are doing.

I'd take John DeFillipo aka the quarterback whisperer personally.  With that said, if I was Bowles, i'd get out.  He has one more year here to make the playoffs and given Mac's erratic draft and FA history, who knows what this team will look like next year.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

It's not a foregone conclusion that Arians is stepping away, however, if Bowles wanted to leave for Arizona and they were willing to trade picks - it would become an interesting situation. 

I think us sending him would depend on available candidates. I could see us promoting Morton or Macc wanting to bring in Bill O'Brien

Archived