Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

“Sorry if you don’t come into work you’re fired”

Not being forced at all

That’s not being forced lol. 

A simple meeting between the President and sport commissioners doesn’t mean at all what you implied.

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That’s not being forced lol. 

A simple meeting between the President and sport commissioners doesn’t mean at all what you implied.

Did you not even read what I was responding to?

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

Did you not even read what I was responding to?

A coordinated response and a way to start/restart leagues does not, “force” anybody to participate. They are allowed to say no.

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Easy, I'm sure there are a lot of planes out of work right now. Spread them out 

It probably wouldn't work but people are talking a lot more than 2-3 months with nothing

The talk would be doing games at spring training facilities, so I would imagine that Grapefruit League teams would then play only those teams, and Cactus League teams play only those teams.  Additionally, that would allow for players to travel to and from games on their own, without buses or planes.  

The problem is that you still have the umpires, team officials and locker room people that are also all at risk too.  And of course, you are going to have dumb fans including Zack Hample trying to hang around to catch baseballs and get autographs, exposing everyone else even more.  

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

Planes circulate air inside the cabin. So even if you were to give every team 10 planes and have 5ish people per plane. If one person has it, they’re at risk of spreading it to everyone else on the place. 

They probably would have been better off shutting down the airlines than ever other non business then

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

A coordinated response and a way to start/restart leagues does not, “force” anybody to participate. They are allowed to say no.

“If you don’t come into work you’re fired”

Again, if this isn’t being forced to work then I’m not sure what is.

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Sports is the true definition of non-essential. It would be absolutely moronic to start any sports leagues up in the current climate.

Would you suggest canceling the seasons until there is a vaccine?

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

They probably would have been better off shutting down the airlines than ever other non business then

They should shut down both unless it is deemed essential.

Which for the most part is what they’re doing.

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Who said anything about being fired? Maybe I missed something

You cannot broadcast sports without a whole team of people there to produce it. If leagues start back up again you are forcing those people  to go back into work to entertain you because you’re bored.

If those people just choose not to come in, they will be replaced. And won’t have a job when this pandemic ends.

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm not clamoring for sports to come back but I don't think it's bad to look at options to do it safely in the future

There is no “safe” way to do it. The safest thing you can do right now is self isolate. 

Broadcasting & playing sports is the opposite of self isolation.

• Like 1

The argument you guys are making is that.

”We’re bored and sports would be a great thing to get people’s minds off the pandemic. They should be allowed to play if they want. And if they don’t want to play just let them void their contract.”

• Like 2