Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

41 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Never been happier to work for my boss.  He told some of us yesterday that he is setting up an account for employees who are in need of additional support.  They would fill out a Google form, and he would send it to a panel of members of our senior leadership, and a few people outside of our business that are peers in the community so we can have a subjective and objective view of where the money is going. Then the money can be dispersed to them.  This is on top of his commitment to make sure everyone has the hours that they normally would- my location is closed, but the other two are operating at their normal staffing levels (for those who want and are able to work), as well as taking on my team who want to work as well.  

Yeah, the world is really seeing good and bad bosses getting defined right now.  It's a true damn blessing to be working for who I work for. 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, the world is really seeing good and bad bosses getting defined right now.  It's a true damn blessing to be working for who I work for. 

I hope people remember what companies took care of their employees and who took a dump on them and spend their money accordingly in the future.

Anyone who’s not willing to contribute to helping won’t get a damned penny out of me.

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hope people remember what companies took care of their employees and who took a dump on them and spend their money accordingly in the future.

Anyone who’s not willing to contribute to helping won’t get a damned penny out of me.

Oh, for sure.  When I first got here I applied for a supervisory position and got it at the competitor's hotel.  The one I work for now owns a single hotel, the one I originally got hired for owns about 20 hotels within a 60 mile radius.  It took me only two days to realize that the 20 hotel owner was a micromanaging control freak butt who didn't give a crap about his employees.  He's closing down a bunch of his hotels and laying off a bunch of employees while I'm over here with the greatest bosses I've ever had, who just gave me a bonus that I myself can't even believe, and I'm just sitting here counting my blessings at the end of the world.  Very grateful, very thankful. 

Now every time some butt threatens going to a competitor because they don't like our rates, I can tell them what they did during the pandemic and let them save 10-15 dollars for a selfish jerk who by every account I've heard has done NOTHING for his employees. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't know if this is too political, but considering this is a sports website it's probably of interest:

Without getting political, this is exactly what needs to happen, sports leagues need a coordinated response and only the federal government can make that happen (along with federal government of Canada)

Hopefully they can find a way to start or restart leagues, without fans, it would be a big morale boost for people across the continent 

8 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Without getting political, this is exactly what needs to happen, sports leagues need a coordinated response and only the federal government can make that happen (along with federal government of Canada)

Hopefully they can find a way to start or restart leagues, without fans, it would be a big morale boost for people across the continent 

I disagree for the most part.

While sports would be a great outlet during all of this. Forcing players to play/interact with each other as well as refs/media operators/stadium workers/etc puts them & their families at risk. Which in turn would put more people at risk.

While I heavily miss basketball, I can live without watching it for the time being as long as it means an additional life is spared.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

They could play baseball and still do a decent job social distancing. Maybe they'd just need to change baseballs more often

How do you travel as a team on an airplane while social distancing?  

Expecting to people to travel and expose themselves and their families for literally nothing more than our amusement is the height of selfishness.

It’s another 2-3 months, we’ll all be just fine without sports.

27 minutes ago, Glen said:

I disagree for the most part.

While sports would be a great outlet during all of this. Forcing players to play/interact with each other as well as refs/media operators/stadium workers/etc puts them & their families at risk. Which in turn would put more people at risk.

While I heavily miss basketball, I can live without watching it for the time being as long as it means an additional life is spared.

Where are you getting that they will be forced?

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How do you travel as a team on an airplane while social distancing?  

Expecting to people to travel and expose themselves and their families for literally nothing more than our amusement is the height of selfishness.

It’s another 2-3 months, we’ll all be just fine without sports.

Easy, I'm sure there are a lot of planes out of work right now. Spread them out 

It probably wouldn't work but people are talking a lot more than 2-3 months with nothing

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Easy, I'm sure there are a lot of planes out of work right now. Spread them out 

It probably wouldn't work but people are talking a lot more than 2-3 months with nothing

Planes circulate air inside the cabin. So even if you were to give every team 10 planes and have 5ish people per plane. If one person has it, they’re at risk of spreading it to everyone else on the place.