Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

On 4/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, mission27 said:

Whats really interesting to me is that this didn't happen 3 weeks earlier in LA and that LA still seems to be doing ok

LA has extensive travel with East Asia and Iran, more so than New York.  I always thought that'd be the first place this really hit 

My theory is the New York and by extension the entire US outbreak (with the exception of Washington State) is basically a direct result of the outbreak in Europe and very few of the cases can be traced back to Asia without a European intermediary.  Map of which strains they are finding where basically confirms this.  And NYC has more travel with Europe than anywhere else, by far.

Its totally possible if that one hospital had properly contained that one guy in Lombardy the outbreak here would've been much later and maybe never reached this extent.  But once you had a serious outbreak in Europe it was inevitably going to spread to the rest of Europe and then to the rest of the world due to Schengen extensive travel between Europe and other places

Other factors may include warmer weather and lack of public transportation in LA

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/science/new-york-coronavirus-cases-europe-genomes.html

As has been the case repeatedly in this situation

The MoL is proven right yet again 

Science is great, but smugness is ahead of the curve, 9/10 times

• Like 2

Just now, mission27 said:

26 states is deliberate.  We only publish important states & those people have asked for.  We like when folks grovel

Do... Don't do... Do... Ne... Nebraska.  It's where your beef comes from.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@mission27 I can take this one for you.

The MoL score for Nebraska is 2.8 because 2 people out of the 8 total people in the state have Coronavirus.

It depends whether its men or women

We give extra weight to countries with improving male to female ratios

Nebraska honestly sucks and I won't lie, but Nebraska will always be the state where I got my **** sorted and stopped being a lazy underachiever, so when I leave five years from now I will look back on my time in this state fondly. 

It really does suck though.  In a lot of ways. 

Easily the worst state I've lived in after Colorado.  Colorado was worse.  So many hippies in Colorado. 

6. Colorado.
5. Nebraska
4. Texas
3. Arizona
2. North Carolina (purely for the wildlife and weather)
1. North Dakota

If North Dakota had any kind of weather but crap weather, I would move back there tomorrow. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2