Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Benjamin Franklin was a degenerate too.  And a great scientist. 

Great minds cannot be constrained by traditional standards of rigor or ethics

I get the bit man, we've posted here for a decade together.

Ah, but its not a bit.  Its a way of life

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Me too. I posted one of the charts elsewhere and somebody wanted to know exactly what it all meant.

The MoL stands for...

Smugness

PMA

Aesthetics

Physical fitness 

Sexual promiscuity 

Borderline alcoholism

Public service

Heatedness 

Liberty and justice for all 

Edited by mission27
  • Like 1

UK figures are on the low side by about 70% according to our countries office of national statistics which registers deaths and publishes reports a few weeks later - our numbers only count hospital deaths.

Our daily totals are also delayed, for example of the 800 English deaths only 140 are from today and the rest are over the last week or so. Obviously today's figure will rise over the coming days.

Not sure how this effects your MoL @mission27

3 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

UK figures are on the low side by about 70% according to our countries office of national statistics which registers deaths and publishes reports a few weeks later - our numbers only count hospital deaths.

Our daily totals are also delayed, for example of the 800 English deaths only 140 are from today and the rest are over the last week or so. Obviously today's figure will rise over the coming days.

Not sure how this effects your MoL @mission27

It does not effect the MoL because the MoL looks at shape of curve not absolute level

The exception would be if a country significantly improved testing capacity over time relative to other countries, then their MoL would fall more slowly for a period of time compared to other countries

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

It does not effect the MoL because the MoL looks at shape of curve not absolute level

The exception would be if a country significantly improved testing capacity over time relative to other countries, then their MoL would fall more slowly for a period of time compared to other countries

We plan to up testing by 10x by end of April.

Me and my wife tested negative this week as I had been ill with a cough and she's a NHS workers, good times. Testing is being ramped up but we are way behind and barely have a lockdown

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

We plan to up testing by 10x by end of April.

Me and my wife tested negative this week as I had been ill with a cough and she's a NHS workers, good times. Testing is being ramped up but we are way behind and barely have a lockdown

If the testing is ramped up gradually and testing ramps up gradually in other countries as well, its unlikely to dramatically skew the numbers, but we'll see

It could mean you continue to see a few thousand new cases a day even when this is under control, simply because you're testing a bunch of people, although SK is doing the same and they've been able to get case count down below 100 cases a day, same with China

Good news is the spread has dramatically slowed down for you guys the last week even with testing slowly ramping up.  So even with an imperfect lockdown it looks like things are turning the corner

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Is there any additional context or commentary?

She initially went because she has been having a very hard time breathing at night. A little context on that specifically - she saw a neurologist and after a sleep study it was confirmed she has severe sleep apnea. Doctor ordered her an MRI of her brain but she’s not able to get in to any imaging center for over a month because of everything going on. So, if every night you can’t breath, and you can’t get any immediate further testing to figure out what’s going to fix the problem, then what else do you besides go to the hospital when you feel like your dying? 

Anyways, her friend takes her to the hospital and she tells the nurse her symptoms. Doctor comes in and listens to her lungs and tells her they sound wet. They run an ECG (standard protocol basically), chest X-ray, and a CT scan of her chest and it all apparently comes back normal. Doctor tells her she’s fine and that it’s allergies (even though she’s never had them in her life) and they send her home. As she’s leaving the nurse calls her back and tells her that they actually found something on her ECG. So then they decide to run a COVID test and they transfer her to a different hospital where she’s admitted because they said it takes 12 hours for the results to come back. They monitor her breathing over night and her oxygen levels were perfect, however they don’t run an MRI on her brain because they only do that for stroke patients (which no idea how that’s the case when they ran one on my wife last year and she didn’t have a stroke). Then a few hours ago they released her and never told her the results.

So hopefully she doesn’t die in her sleep from not breathing when it could have been avoided if they just did the MRI she has to wait a month to get (and then wait for the results, and then wait again for an appointment with her neurologist after she gets the results). And also hopefully she doesn’t have COVID

Edited by dtait93

We had our first positive Covid-19 test today at work.  A good portion of people were sent home to self-quarantine, able to come back between the 14th-16th.  My boss closed that location early once it was found out, and engaged a company to sanitize the entire location.  He also procured face masks for everyone, which are mandatory starting tomorrow.  

Meanwhile, I've been working part-time at that location since mine is closed (and supplementing with PTO) and now I am taking a LOA.  My grandmother is 92, and my mom/stepdad are in their early 70's, so with this finally hitting me close to home, I'm done.  I have no concern for money at this point, so I am going to ride it out and do my "office work" from home.  Likely no more than five hours a week, but at least that will cover my health insurance premium.