Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, mission27 said:

Its interesting, South Dakota is a mess but North Dakota is one of the best states for this

Because people in North Dakota already stay TF away from each other.  North Dakota and South Dakota could not be more different from each other honestly.  It's also the 4th least densely populated state in the country. 

Edit: I guess South Dakota is the 5th least, so I refer back to my statement about the good people of North Dakota who stay TF away from people. 

Edited by Outpost31

I'm pretty sure @ET80 has tagged me more times in TAST than I've posted here.

But hey, Nebraska ain't that bad. It's got me. There's endless entertainment in the form of mocking the football program to locals. We're also not Iowa, so that's great.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Of course they are all likely empty except for "essential" travel, which at this point is basically medical professionals and people traveling for sick/dying family members.  I took his post to mean this was a long time coming 

Just because a flight is full, doesn't mean the airline is making a lot of money.  They have traditionally operated on real thin margins.  Great for the consumer, not so great for the airlines.  

Had to go out and make a few errand runs today, in NJ we have now been told how to dress when in public so that is cool.  Of the two stores I had to go in...all of the people who were not being compliant are the same people we are supposed to be "protecting"...makes it super hard to give a crap when the people themselves aren't taking it serious.  Multiple times while at Home Depot older groups of guys were just standing talking in aisles with zero masks just chatting it up and while at the Grocery store the older people were stacked on top of each other in line...once again no masks or coverings.

The best part about all of this has been for the past week the local police have been sending out warnings that car and home (mostly basement/shed/garage) break ins are happening at level they have never seen before.  Force people into a corner and eventually they will lash out.  

Going forward the MoL will be tracking the following dates for countries that have reached Tier 1 status:

• Begin to lift social distancing restrictions (e.g. small shops, etc.)
  • Malls open 
  • Restaurants and bars open
  • Schools open
  • Borders open
  • Sports resume 
  • Public gatherings allowed 

For example, for Austria: 

• Begin to lift social distancing restrictions (e.g. small shops, etc.) - April 14th 
  • Malls open - May 1st 
  • Restaurants and bars open - TBD
  • Schools open - Mid-May
  • Borders open - TBD
  • Sports resume - TBD
  • Public gatherings allowed - June
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Going forward the MoL will be tracking the following dates for countries that have reached Tier 1 status:

• Begin to lift social distancing restrictions (e.g. small shops, etc.)
  • Malls open 
  • Restaurants and bars open
  • Schools open
  • Borders open
  • Sports resume 
  • Public gatherings allowed 

For example, for Austria: 

• Begin to lift social distancing restrictions (e.g. small shops, etc.) - April 14th 
  • Malls open - May 1st 
  • Restaurants and bars open - TBD
  • Schools open - Mid-May
  • Borders open - TBD
  • Sports resume - TBD
  • Public gatherings allowed - June

Has MoL gotten in touch with Shkreli yet?

4 hours ago, theJ said:

Just because a flight is full, doesn't mean the airline is making a lot of money.  They have traditionally operated on real thin margins.  Great for the consumer, not so great for the airlines.  

The seats aren’t nearly as important as what’s in the cargo hold. Most airline revenue is generated by cargo, not passengers. The exception being some of the no frills airlines. 

• Like 1