Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 hours ago, Mega Ron said:
3 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

There's more and more speculation COVID-19 had already made it's rounds in the US in December/January, particularly in California (with all the ties to Asia), as people seem to be recounting mysteries illnesses that couldn't be given a clear diagnosis and/or symptoms that completely coincide. 

Were they also complaining of lots of people dying from it?

There was a nasty flu that went through San Francisco in January. I know 5 people that got it, including my girlfriend. 

She was sick for about a week. Fever, slight cough, very tired. She went on a business trip and got sick day 1 she was there. She flew down with her co-worker, shared a rental car, was on a job site for 12 hours a day for 3 days standing directly next to this person who didn't get sick. I also didn't get sick. (To be fair I havent gotten sick in 5 years)

Some of the other people claim they had 'the exact symptoms' but one of them is high risk and wasn't very sick overall. 

I know they are investigating this, as they should, it was a very nasty flu if it was a flu. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

@mission27 @TLO If Trump decides to "open up" the country sooner rather than later as he has hinted at, how do you think this will affect our score? Many experts have talked about a second wave in the fall or in 2021. Does this accelerate that or just drag out the first wave in your model?

Both probably.

I'm kinda scared, because i've been thinking about going back to school in the fall to become a more overeducated dip****.  But it's basically become a complete trainwreck when it comes things...like my school isn't even sending out official transcripts.  And i was always kinda sweating figuring out how to deal with cross-border stuff to begin with.  Now i figure i'm just quit an wait until i'm even more too old i guess.  Kinda sucks.  Idk...maybe i'll have a chance to get things in, but it doesn't look likely at all. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This seems like a really long way of saying Alex Jones.

eh most front line health care workers I've spoken to say the same thing 

There was a ton of upper respiratory crap this winter, they thought it was a bad flu season, maybe it was but in hindsight they're thinking maybe COVID given what we know about how much more widespread it was and how quickly it is transmitted and given CFRs were initially overstated 

but I dont think we'll ever know for sure unfortunately because the testing wasn't there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

what are you talking about?
you admit that they are obviously underreported by stating Obviously the numbers would be higher across the board if we tested 329 million people,

Yes...if we tested the entire country we of course know the reported numbers would be higher across the board (the number of cases and alleged deaths).

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

and then say they are overreported? For the numbers we have this very moment though, it’s a guarantee they are overreported

Yes the current death numbers are overreported in that people are dying from causes unrelated to COVID-19 yet their death certificates are reading that they died from COVID-19.

The current death numbers are overreported just like they would be if the entire country was tested because the CDC gives doctors the license to report COVID-19 deaths simply by their discretion with no burden of proof.

Liking the look of today's Italy and so far Spain and Germany although those could move

US numbers are also pretty good so far across the board particularly in NY

China numbers continue to tick up, they have a real problem on their border with Russia

42 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yes the current death numbers are overreported in that people are dying from causes unrelated to COVID-19 yet their death certificates are reading that they died from COVID-19.

Source?

Without getting into the politics of what you or I think about the various people involved, the news that Governors Cuomo and Wittmer will be on the Presidents task force is very encouraging.  I'm not going to hold my breath but lets hope everyone can put aside their differences for once and come up with a reasonable and thoughtful path back to normalcy

• Like 2

WHO now saying they believe COVID-19 is "ten times deadlier" than the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic

Assuming by "ten times deadlier" they are referring to CFR, the 2009 pandemic had a CFR somewhere between .02% and .04%

So they are saying COVID-19 CFR is likely between .2% and .4%

What did MoL tell you folks?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Without getting into the politics of what you or I think about the various people involved, the news that Governors Cuomo and Wittmer will be on the Presidents task force is very encouraging.  I'm not going to hold my breath but lets hope everyone can put aside their differences for once and come up with a reasonable and thoughtful path back to normalcy

link? only saw the NE states are starting their own gov task force and trumps taskforce will include the regulars including his own family, ross and mnuchin