Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

I think the second wave of this thing might be worse than the first.

If it did, it would be unprecedented......oh wait:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/second-wave-spanish-flu-wwi/

What's True

More people died during the 1918 flu pandemic than in all of WWI, with the majority of deaths occurring during the deadly second wave of the influenza outbreak. In general, places that disregarded social distancing rules saw more influenza cases.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It was proposed by House Democrats, which means it is likely to pass the house.  It is anyone's guess with the Senate.  

Canada is also paying their citizens $2000 a month.  

To unemployed people

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Let's hope the CDC is correct in that cv 19 cannot mutate that much.

What's worrying is the suggestion that immunity to this thing might not happen for people who have already had it.

Which is ****

I've had this ****. I want my immunity.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

"No secondary infections have been reported from relapse cases"

I think this is pretty important tbh

From what I've read there could be fragments of the virus (edit: brainfart) left over after someone has 'recovered ', which may cause symptoms again if their immune system is weak 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Canada’s system allows people to go from signing up for money to having $2,000 deposited in their account in mere minutes.

Meanwhile, some people here might not see their $1200 checks until August. 

Cool. Cool, cool, cool. 

I wonder how much easier it is to come up with a system to serve a population of 37 million people compared to one that serves a population of 330 million people?

38 minutes ago, Xenos said:

They're the ones suffering the most right now. Plus you know isn't that the main reason people are protesting?

Right but paying $2000 to people that lose their job is a little different than paying everyone under a certain income don't you think?

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I wonder how much easier it is to come up with a system to serve a population of 37 million people compared to one that serves a population of 330 million people?

The IRS site couldn’t even handle 4m people trying to update their direct deposit info. But sure, it’s population size that is the only issue. 

• Like 2