Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

54 minutes ago, TLO said:

Tbh nobody knows more about Mexico than TLO. And his statement is incorrect. 

mission would be a close second, he spends about 5-6 weeks a year between Mexico City, Guadalajara, beach resorts, and his import facilities in the border towns, a great cross section of the Mexican culture.  Not many people know that.  

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Cinco de mayo is an American holiday. They do not celebrate it in Mexico 

Its interesting to see the folks who liked this post, despite it being demonstrably, factually wrong: 

@mistakey

@ET80

@ramssuperbowl99

@Xenos

ET and Xenos we will give a pass, but this is yet another example of mbtl and rams being blind to the truth when it comes to the MoL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Its interesting to see the folks who liked this post, despite it being demonstrably, factually wrong: 

@mistakey

@ET80

@ramssuperbowl99

@Xenos

ET and Xenos we will give a pass, but this is yet another example of mbtl and rams being blind to the truth when it comes to the MoL

I actually didn't know anywhere in Mexico celebrated Cinco de Mayo. Meh. I leave the like for posterity.

And tbh the idea of you two pouring over numbers for your rankings and wondering what the impact of Cinco de Mayo might have on Mexico's ability to export Cheesy Gordita Crunches and Baja Blast is pretty funny. I stand by it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

@mistakey

@ET80

@ramssuperbowl99

@Xenos

I'm just stirring the pot at the moment. Good internet brawls are good for my soul.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I actually didn't know anywhere in Mexico celebrated Cinco de Mayo. Meh. I leave the like for posterity.

And tbh the idea of you two pouring over numbers for your rankings and wondering what the impact of Cinco de Mayo might have on Mexico's ability to export Cheesy Gordita Crunches and Baja Blast is pretty funny. I stand by it.

@TLO is more worried about the chimmy chongas from what I've gathered

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

its a minor holiday that all my mexican friends really do not care about.  its outsized importance in american culture is quite funny though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

its a minor holiday that all my mexican friends really do not care about.  its outsized importance in american culture is quite funny though

Just like St. Patrick's Day and Ireland 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

ah yes turns out its outsized importance in america came from beer and wine companies hijacking the day

22 minutes ago, mistakey said:
27 minutes ago, mistakey said:

ah yes turns out its outsized importance in america came from beer and wine companies hijacking the day

A very noble purpose, if i do say so myself.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yeah

or if mexicans celebrated massively for america's triumphs of v-day.  or the north winning the battle at gettysburg.

Tbf we do celebrate the day America won the battle of Gettysburg, it just happens to basically coincide with 4th of J

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I actually didn't know anywhere in Mexico celebrated Cinco de Mayo. Meh. 

It's my daughter's birthday. That's my only tie to it.