Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So if the intent is just to be keeping records of old cases, I would only post the MoLs with the results, no commentary or tiers or anything like that.

The T swift quotes will remain Forever and Always tbh

• Like 2

Just now, TLO said:
18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So if the intent is just to be keeping records of old cases, I would only post the MoLs with the results, no commentary or tiers or anything like that.

I assumed the T Swift quotes were hard coded into the formula.

Just now, TLO said:

I don't know, I think we were onto something with modified American Revolution smugness quotes last night 

“One of the most essential branches of liberty is the freedom of one's smugness. A man's smugness is his castle.”
 James Otis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's 30 seconds later and I am still trying to control my laughter.  

One of my proudest teaching moments:

Me: Hey (insert kids name), if you don’t shape up, I’m going to keep moving your desk again, (insert Milton monologue under breath)

Kid, 6 years later, now a college grad/has a career:

*Texts me at 10 PM randomly* I just saw office space...everything you said now makes sense and this is hilarious!

(He graduated from MIT with his PhD this spring)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

One of my proudest teaching moments:

Me: Hey (insert kids name), if you don’t shape up, I’m going to keep moving your desk again, (insert Milton monologue under breath)

Kid, 6 years later, now a college grad/has a career:

*Texts me at 10 PM randomly* I just saw office space...everything you said now makes sense and this is hilarious!

(He graduated from MIT with his PhD this spring)

Gym Jones GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Well done sir.  

My father had a master key to the school he taught at, and would let himself into the classroom of one teacher he just couldn't stand and would move stuff around.  He turned the Steelers logo flag upside down, move stuff, attach things to the ceiling........I would get pictures of it all, and he never figured out who was doing it.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dude that is not what I am saying at all... 

The intent is to provide information and to state our opinions 

The data is not the same as the opinion, but it is supportive of the opinion (in our view) 

They are separate but they are both important components of what we are posting 

This is what news analysts, bloggers, data journalists, and yes posters on internet message boards do

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Dude that is not what I am saying at all... 

The intent is to provide information and to state our opinions 

The data is not the same as the opinion, but it is supportive of the opinion (in our view) 

They are separate but they are both important components of what we are posting 

This is what news analysts, bloggers, data journalists, and yes posters on internet message boards do

So then it's not just a record keeping tool, and your disclaimer is wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How hard is this to understand:

The MoL is an objective metric for measuring spread, it is backward looking, it is objective and verifiable 

Alongside the MoL we post opinions that are informed by the MoL

Those are separate things.  There is the data and then there's the analysis.  The disclaimer is related to the MoL metric and specifically says so.  It should not be viewed as disqualifying us from having or stating opinions. 

We are being attacked for backing up our opinions by showing the data we are looking at, explaining how we are looking at it, and giving our sources.  What a freaking world...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't know, I think we were onto something with modified American Revolution smugness quotes last night 

“One of the most essential branches of liberty is the freedom of one's smugness. A man's smugness is his castle.”
 James Otis

“It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of smugness in the minds of men.”

- Brother Samuel Adams 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

How hard is this to understand:

The MoL is an objective metric for measuring spread, it is backward looking, it is objective and verifiable 

Alongside the MoL we post opinions that are informed by the MoL

Those are separate things.  There is the data and then there's the analysis.  The disclaimer is related to the MoL metric and specifically says so.  It should not be viewed as disqualifying us from having or stating opinions. 

We are being attacked for backing up our opinions by showing the data we are looking at, explaining how we are looking at it, and giving our sources.  What a freaking world...

But you aren't presenting them separately, you're presenting them together and conflating what is and what isn't informed by your metric. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

What makes this particularly rich @ramssuperbowl99 is that the one area where we supposedly have a 'conflict of interest' is my investment in Gilead, which:

a. you have also touted many times in this very thread including in response to people who have said they are or might invest in it

b. has never been mentioned in a single MoL post to my knowledge, not one time, ever

c. is a 'conflict of interest' that I have widely disclosed and make no secret about

d. isn't really a 'conflict of interest' because the audience on here has about a millionth of the financial firepower needed to move that stock and I have never suggested anyone invest in anything 

So its just a completely ridiculous line of attack, but you guys are virtue signaling to an audience of yourselves so I guess none of that matters to you

I invested my life savings.....

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But you aren't presenting them separately, you're presenting them together and conflating what is and what isn't informed by your metric. 

I mean, it's pretty easy to figure out which is which.

the numbers are the data, and the words are the analysis.  I don't get what's confusing about that.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm too lazy to go back and look...but weren't you the one who either wrote or approved their disclaimer when we spent another 40 pages doing this previously?

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

I mean, it's pretty easy to figure out which is which.

the numbers are the data, and the words are the analysis.  I don't get what's confusing about that.

So then, if this is so clean and easy, why not just separate them? I asked and was given the run-around. 

I'm too lazy to go back and look...but weren't you the one who either wrote or approved their disclaimer when we spent another 40 pages doing this previously?

No I suggested it as a middle ground step and then one of them wrote it.

• Like 2