Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

31 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

think of masks like if everyone is trying to pee on each other.

someone wearing no pants can easily pee all over you, and your pants only protect you from it a bit.

someone wearing pants can't pee on you, it just gets caught in their pants. 

don't pee on people.

I need this in this thread of bickering that I just started coming in to. Thanks!

Edit: Oh and R Kelly hates you

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As @acowboys62 said, none of these masks are much good.  Sure, it helps to stop the transition of this virus to other people, but with the amount of people I see still touching their masks on their own, wearing them incorrectly, etc, a lot of people are still going to get it.  Guidance from work says to treat them as they are contaminated as soon as you put it on.  We are to wash hands every time we touch our face, have to adjust the mask, etc.  We also should change them twice a shift because the effectiveness will wear off due to the mask getting damp from breathing.  Oh yeah, and I am a mouth breather so I tend to breathe in the mask.  If I get this thing, it's probably because I have to wear the mask.  But I am wearing it because the "experts" said so, even though that community is split on it.  

But again the reason to wear the mask is to prevent respiratory droplets from being ejected from your mouth toward someone else.  Even if its not on 'properly' it'll still form a barrier that will catch these droplets or even if they get through the mask, they aren't going to travel as far.  Basically just physics.  

Touching the mask and messing with it could potentially make you sick but its not going to make someone else sick unless they aren't following the basic precautions of hand washing, using hand sanitizer, and/or not touching their face while in public.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Even though a lot of people are still going to get it, that's still less people than if we aren't wearing masks. The goal is to get to zero, but there's not one magic bullet that gets us there.

Yep

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/masks-covid-19-infections-would-plummet-new-study-says

It doesnt have to be everyone.  If 80% of people wear a mask in high risk settings like subways and crowded retail stores, that alone will make a huge difference. 

Again look at Tokyo.  Only difference between Tokyo and NYC is masks tbh.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry, my arse is a bit chapped after seeing maybe 2/3 of the people at Lowe’s not wearing them. 

I'm only shopping at Menards right now (as far as big box stores).  They have a 100% mask mandate.  If you don't have one, no entry.  You can buy one at the entrance for $1.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

think of masks like if everyone is trying to pee on each other.

someone wearing no pants can easily pee all over you, and your pants only protect you from it a bit.

someone wearing pants can't pee on you, it just gets caught in their pants. 

don't pee on people.

Chappelle R Kelly GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Article in the Miami Herald- 100,000 cruise ship employees are still stranded on them.  Many aren't getting paid, and hunger strikes and suicides are on the rise.  Many don't know when they will be freed to see their families.  This is horrible.  

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article242565281.html

Wtf

Just now, theJ said:

I'm only shopping at Menards right now (as far as big box stores).  They have a 100% mask mandate.  If you don't have one, no entry.  You can buy one at the entrance for $1.

The only menards near me is 30 min in the other direction from where I was headed.  Lowe’s was a disgrace.  

if my day wasn’t what it was (sump pump bit the dust and basement flooded) I’d have left and went elsewhere.  Just didn’t have the time for it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

[removed]

Have you considered the possibility somebody might try this and hurt themselves.  This is the most important thread in FF history and shouldn’t be treated lightly or you are no different from Alex Jones.

• Like 3

Just now, mission27 said:

Have you considered the possibility somebody might try this and hurt themselves.  This is the most important thread in FF history and shouldn’t be treated lightly or you are no different from Alex Jones.

I'll add a disclaimer that any Marilyn Manson fan should not construe my post as medical advice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Even though a lot of people are still going to get it, that's still less people than if we aren't wearing masks. The goal is to get to zero, but there's not one magic bullet that gets us there.

I get it, I'm still going to wear it as long as they are mandated, but I don't like them, nor do I like the fact that so many people aren't wearing them correctly.  It is what it is at this point.  

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry, my arse is a bit chapped after seeing maybe 2/3 of the people at Lowe’s not wearing them. 

That's a Lowe's problem.  My Giant has someone posted at the door to remind people and will radio a manager if someone doesn't comply with putting one on.