Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I get it, I'm still going to wear it as long as they are mandated, but I don't like them, nor do I like the fact that so many people aren't wearing them correctly.  It is what it is at this point.  

Nobody likes them. They suck. All complaining about having to wear them is totally cool with me, as long as we all agree that eventually we wear them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm only shopping at Menards right now (as far as big box stores).  They have a 100% mask mandate.  If you don't have one, no entry.  You can buy one at the entrance for $1.

That's not a bad route.  I think more of the bigger places should do that if they are able to get their hands on masks.  I usually keep one in my car just in case.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The only menards near me is 30 min in the other direction from where I was headed.  Lowe’s was a disgrace.  

if my day wasn’t what it was (sump pump bit the dust and basement flooded) I’d have left and went elsewhere.  Just didn’t have the time for it.

Been there, done that with my grandmother, both for the pump and for one of the drainage lines backing up and backflowing into the basement.  Sorry for such a crappy day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Crowded as hell.  Unbelievably so tbh.

Probably has something to do with them not requiring people to wear masks tbh.

I stopped at Walmart and didn't think of it until after I went in and saw all of the employees with masks that I maybe should have got one.  There wasn't many people in there though and I had no problem keeping my distance

15 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Probably has something to do with them not requiring people to wear masks tbh.

I stopped at Walmart and didn't think of it until after I went in and saw all of the employees with masks that I maybe should have got one.  There wasn't many people in there though and I had no problem keeping my distance

We’re in the middle of a monsoon, lots of flooded basements.  Heard it from both the plumber and employees.

Maybe it was the idiotic mask policy, but that’s not what the “professionals” seemed to think.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’re in the middle of a monsoon, lots of flooded basements.  Heard it from both the plumber and employees.

Maybe it was the idiotic mask policy, but that’s not what the “professionals” seemed to think.

I didn't know about the flooded basements.  We could use a little rain. 

I never said anything about it being the best policy.  I have heard people say that they aren't going to Menards now though

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I never said anything about it being the best policy.  I have heard people say that they aren't going to Menards now though

If people are picking a place to shop because of the no mask policy, there is no helping them at this point.  And that is coming from someone who hates masks but is still wearing them, and very conservative. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If people are picking a place to shop because of the no mask policy, there is no helping them at this point.  And that is coming from someone who hates masks but is still wearing them, and very conservative. 

It doesn't make much sense to me either

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Not necessarily directed at you, but if you won’t visit a store because they’re trying in good faith to protect you and others, that’s on you, not the store.

I just can’t imagine being so confident in something we know so little about and risking your own health and the health of those around you over something as trivial as a mask. 

Those folks, imo, have put their political views above the health and safety of those in their community.  I’d rather be wrong and have worn a mask than have been wrong an not. Costs me very little. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I'm only shopping at Menards right now (as far as big box stores).  They have a 100% mask mandate.  If you don't have one, no entry.  You can buy one at the entrance for $1.

I wish the closest one wasn't 20 minutes away but the wife is dead set on finding pavers so I'm going tomorrow. Thanks for the info!!

• Like 1