Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

12 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i guess the key to low numbers isnt testing more, its just testing people who are likely to be negative

that would help out the percentages in Miami

or everyone in Miami-Dade county is infected...

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Dude, so sorry.  

Thanks. It is what it is. Probably for the better that I got out of there anyways. The entire operation is rampant with cronyism and nepotism. Just a walking gong show.

EDIT - Just to give you an idea, every single lead or person in power is either related to the owner(s) or a childhood friend. The one that isn't...literally married one of their sons.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Thanks. It is what it is. Probably for the better that I got out of there anyways. The entire operation is rampant with cronyism and nepotism. Just a walking gong show.

EDIT - Just to give you an idea, every single lead or person in power is either related to the owner(s) or a childhood friend. The one that isn't...literally married one of their sons.

Oh and both owners' kids came back from school and are working full-time for them. So I, in no way, believe them when they say it was due to the economy or lack of work. They'd just rather hire their children than keep non-family around. Here's another shocker, for anyone here that knows me, I'm also not a kiss *** and I have the tendency to voice my issues when I feel like it's warranted. Guess I need to just learn from this and keep my mouth shut lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Oh and both owners' kids came back from school and are working full-time for them. So I, in no way, believe them when they say it was due to the economy or lack of work. They'd just rather hire their children than keep non-family around. Here's another shocker, for anyone here that knows me, I'm also not a kiss *** and I have the tendency to voice my issues when I feel like it's warranted. Guess I need to just learn from this and keep my mouth shut lol.

Nah, just go find some work for good people, and saying your piece won't be a problem from now on.

Sounds like you're better off leaving.  Honestly.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Junior Kindergarten through high school. It certainly creates issues but not insurmountable. Parent cooperation and working together will certainly be required.

I’m submitting a proposal To institute a 12 hour school day. 1/2 attend 8-1 the others 2-7. Attendance 5 days per week. Summer vacation would run May through August with each student receiving two months. Schools could also operate 7 days a week. People need to realize normalcy isn’t returning for awhile. Besides most school facilities are terribly under utilized.

This concept seems like a great candidate for cohort pool testing as well. Every day the class can pool samples for a single test. Get like a 15:1 ratio and can isolate an entire class if needed within a day or two. I also agree about underused facilities; that's an issue of inefficiency that has bothered me for a long time. Reduced class size + increased facility use efficiency is a win-win in my book. Shortened summer breaks is a win too, the pedagogical reasons for long summer breaks is non-existent. They should be reduced (and spread out among other breaks instead if total work days aren't increased).

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This concept seems like a great candidate for cohort pool testing as well. Every day the class can pool samples for a single test. Get like a 15:1 ratio and can isolate an entire class if needed within a day or two. I also agree about underused facilities; that's an issue of inefficiency that has bothered me for a long time. Reduced class size + increased facility use efficiency is a win-win in my book. Shortened summer breaks is a win too, the pedagogical reasons for long summer breaks is non-existent. They should be reduced (and spread out among other breaks instead if total work days aren't increased).

The concept is bad tbh but how are schools facilities underused? Legitimately curious.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, the unemployment check is phat.

Hoping they somehow extend that phat unemployment check pass July. I need it too.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

well, they're empty for 3 months during the summer lol

and yes, I'm a former teacher (before you ask)

Our school is used for numerous events during the summer. It's also when janitors get in to deep clean rooms, re-wax floors, re-paint walls, etc.

I think saying they're underused might be a district to district issue. We hold lots of community events in the building 12 months a year. I agree summer would be better suited to just be broken up into a few more week breaks throughout the year. As a former teacher, I don't understand how you find the 12 hour day plausible.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Our school is used for numerous events during the summer. It's also when janitors get in to deep clean rooms, re-wax floors, re-paint walls, etc.

I think saying they're underused might be a district to district issue. We hold lots of community events in the building 12 months a year. I agree summer would be better suited to just be broken up into a few more week breaks throughout the year. As a former teacher, I don't understand how you find the 12 hour day plausible.

With all the before and after school activities, schools are open almost 12hrs a day already anyway. It's completely plausible. Most buildings are open that long. Administrators don't NEED to be there 12hrs every day. No single person NEEDS to be there 12hrs every day. If our education system isn't capable of figuring out a plausible way to keep a building operating for 12hrs a day we have some SERIOUS problems with our education system.

• Like 1