Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

NH DOE said they won't mandate masks in school. Nice.

Localized control of education, rearing its head again.

Not surprising, though.  New Hampshire has a strange subculture about freedom that would not be out of place in the Deep South.  Their state motto is “Live Free or Die,” and they all seem to take that seriously.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/walmart-says-all-customers-must-wear-masks-at-its-stores.html

Walmart and Sam’s Club customers will soon be required to put on a mask or face covering before shopping in stores. 

The big-box retailer announced the new policy Wednesday and said it will take effect July 20.

Oh boy, get your popcorn

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Localized control of education, rearing its head again.

Not surprising, though.  New Hampshire has a strange subculture about freedom that would not be out of place in the Deep South.  Their state motto is “Live Free or Die,” and they all seem to take that seriously.

I love New Hampshire, but yes this is a mind boggling decision. We've already had numerous parents email the superintendent saying they won't be sending their kid to school if we don't make masks mandatory.

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

You joke, but one of my wife's is going to be homeschooled this year because her mom doesn't think she should have to wear a mask.

I wasn’t joking at all.  Keep your kids at home.

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

This same parent complained all over Facebook in April that homeschooling was too hard.  And after about 4-6 weeks of homeschooling (with another month to go), announced on social media that her child already graduated 4th grade and won't be doing any more school work going forward.  After that post, any time my wife posted homework, it was checked off within 10 minutes as having been completed.

anti mask people don’t value education?   I’m shocked.  Shocked I tell ya.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wasn’t joking at all.  Keep your kids at home.

I wish we could :(

But since my wife is a teacher, i'd have to quit my job.  And if i quit my job, we may as well just put our home on the market and buy the best cardboard box money can get.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I hope it goes well.  Menards has been mandating masks from the beginning, and i have yet to see an issue when i'm there.  The store is always packed, and compliance is 100% (even though some are wearing them below the nose).

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

But since my wife is a teacher, i'd have to quit my job.  And if i quit my job, we may as well just put our home on the market and buy the best cardboard box money can get.

I wish I was in high school or college nowadays. You could make sweet, suburban white mom bank by offering tutoring sessions these days.

EDIT: I thought about this for 8 seconds and then realized in HS and college I was a big fan of going outside. This post is incredibly stupid. My bad.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, theJ said:

I hope it goes well.  Menards has been mandating masks from the beginning, and i have yet to see an issue when i'm there.  The store is always packed, and compliance is 100% (even though some are wearing them below the nose).

Walmart though. Walmart.

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

I meant anti mask folks, you’re not one of them are you?