Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

um... you had me curious so i googled kemp not wearing mask. Seems like he wears one way more often than not. DO you have some link that has kemp never wearing masks and saying he never will?

Not talking about Kemp.

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Suing Atlanta isn't politcal? please explain.

i dont know what there is to explain? in fact, i kinda already did.... Did you not read that? A mayor overstepped their authority, hes attempting to fix that. make sense?

Meanwhile mandates are more effective than recommendations. Some people that don't want to wear one will if they are forced to. They won't if they aren't. This is why we have laws.

Way to miss the entire point. It's not about him specifically wearing a mask. If you tell people that they legally don't have to they won't. Again, I'm not sure why this is so difficult for you.

See, maybe you should just stop replying. Because you kinda posted the same thing, i asked questions for clarification and then you went the moral high ground route instead of answering, and now youre back to posting the same thing (basically). 

Ill even do you a favor and ask more or less the same question. How many people who arent already wearing mask, given everything going on, will start simply because theres a law enacted that carry little repercussions? Oh, and theres questions on if/how that law would even be enforced. 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

but the conversation was specifically about ga. So who are you talking about? Youre at least specifically talking about georgia, right? 

Im specifically referring to your "Well...Kemp says to wear a mask!". Another high level politician says to wear a mask but then his actions don't reflect that. When Kemp says to wear a mask but then sues a Mayor for trying to mandate them in public, it kind of makes his words seem less meaningful.

You have to see that side of it, right? I get the abuse of power thing, he's well in his right to take appropriate action. Do you see how him taking this action though, gives people the idea that its okay for them not to wear a mask?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont know what there is to explain? in fact, i kinda already did.... Did you not read that? A mayor overstepped their authority, hes attempting to fix that. make sense?

See, maybe you should just stop replying. Because you kinda posted the same thing, i asked questions for clarification and then you went the moral high ground route instead of answering, and now youre back to posting the same thing (basically). 

Ill even do you a favor and ask more or less the same question. How many people who arent already wearing mask, given everything going on, will start simply because theres a law enacted that carry little repercussions? Oh, and theres questions on if/how that law would even be enforced. 

You either don’t understand “politicizing” in this context or are arguing in bad faith. I honestly can’t tell at this point.

to you last round of questions - if the answer is “more Would comply than the alternative” then it should be done, period. Anything else is political in nature and against saving the lives of Georgians.

• Like 1

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Im specifically referring to your "Well...Kemp says to wear a mask!". Another high level politician says to wear a mask but then his actions don't reflect that. When Kemp says to wear a mask but then sues a Mayor for trying to mandate them in public, it kind of makes his words seem less meaningful.

You have to see that side of it, right? I get the abuse of power thing, he's well in his right to take appropriate action. Do you see how him taking this action though, gives people the idea that its okay for them not to wear a mask?

TBH, no, or at least no with an asterisk. Really dumb people are going to do dumb things, you cant stop them. Im sure theres a very small percentage of people that looks at the lawsuit, ignores everything else, in the article or news segment or whatever, including the same guy that brought the lawsuit explicitly saying wear a mask, while he himself is wearing a mask. But what are the odds those people were going to wear a mask if it was law? again, theres a real question on how it would be enforced, and secondly, most major retail stores require one anyway.

SInce that was way too long of an answer, yes, there could be a 1k  (or however many)  people who dont wear masks now because of the lawsuit. but i also think most of those people would find every reason not to wear a mask if it was law anyway. 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

TBH, no, or at least no with an asterisk. Really dumb people are going to do dumb things, you cant stop them. Im sure theres a very small percentage of people that looks at the lawsuit, ignores everything else, in the article or news segment or whatever, including the same guy that brought the lawsuit explicitly saying wear a mask, while he himself is wearing a mask. But what are the odds those people were going to wear a mask if it was law? again, theres a real question on how it would be enforced, and secondly, most major retail stores require one anyway.

SInce that was way too long of an answer, yes, there could be a 1k  (or however many)  people who dont wear masks now because of the lawsuit. but i also think most of those people would find every reason not to wear a mask if it was law anyway. 

Which is fine, I just think its a dangerous precedent when we ALL need to be on the same page. If you don't wear a mask you're putting others in danger. His actions are speaking louder than his words, IMO. Saying to wear a mask but then chastising a mayor when she mandates masks leads to a contradicting message.

I think the dumb people wouldn't be so dumb if every government official spread the same meaningful message AND wore masks.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

You either don’t understand “politicizing” in this context or are arguing in bad faith. I honestly can’t tell at this point.

to you last round of questions - if the answer is “more Would comply than the alternative” then it should be done, period. Anything else is political in nature and against saving the lives of Georgians.

i think youre just really stuck on "politicizing" when theres not much to back it up.

To your answer, Ive already laid out the likely answer to that, although its somewhat unknowable. The likely answer is if you arent already wearing a mask,  a law that may or may not be enforced and doesnt have much bite anyway wont make you wear one. BUt at least the way you phrased it is really dangerous logic. for example, do you agree its safe to say that going 25 mph in a car is safer than going 75? And a singular lane is safer than 6 wide?

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

This such a generic proposal for reopening schools. And yet, sadly it’s still amazing by relative standards:

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/17/892334856/biden-releases-proposal-for-reopening-schools

$30 billion and the same archaic funding model? Go pound sand Joe, that’s a joke. That’s not a solution, that’s pandering. 😂