Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Honestly? I'm all for more spread out NFL football. Make the season longer with more bye weeks.

Even in future years, 21 weeks, 17 games, 4 bye weeks for each team. Means the NFL can also have more primetime and make more money. Do it Roger.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The 60% guaranteed salary in addition to the $600 per week is also what some have an issue with. Just for what it’s worth for context.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

It's roughly $4000 a month, I'd have to imagine it's definitely more than enough to cover necessities.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Wait what? Let me go ask my boss to lay me off until this thing is over. I get paid way more to not work?

To be fair, this came about due to a comedy of errors.  It’s actually implemented correctly in the House Bill that the Senate Majority Leader refuses to send to committee or vote upon.

The comedy of errors arose because: people negotiating with the White House didn’t understand the system they were attempting to emulate from some European nations and some Canadian provinces.  So, they agreed to a system that’s actually much more expansive, and now regret it lol

Basically, included the business pass-through provision to temporarily subsidize salaries to ease the burden of overhead in a pandemic.  But didn’t close any of the loopholes.

Honestly, the legislative incompetence on display is insane.  All of them held themselves out as some policy savants, but would fail a legislative drafting class in any accredited law school.

Edited by SwAg
removed non-COVID-related point
  • Like 5

So, they have had months to do something, with the writing on the wall the whole time unless they were here listening to MoL as authoritative sources.  And are now panicking, trying to copy and paste what others have done that works, and messing it up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SwAg said:

So, they have had months to do something, with the writing on the wall the whole time unless they were here listening to MoL as authoritative sources.  And are now panicking, trying to copy and paste what others have done that works, and messing it up.

Hey, Congress needed their 3 week paid vacation.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Wait what? Let me go ask my boss to lay me off until this thing is over. I get paid way more to not work?

Go be poor somewhere else.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We were created to work and get a lot of fulfillment out of it. Enjoying work is highly underrated.

Jesus I hate you so much right now.

I hope you are in charge of all of the zoom detentions this fall.

• Like 1

Anyone know how legit the rt.live info is?? I've been looking at it daily since TheJ posted it and the three biggest problem states are seeing green now. Cali is slacking (albeit close) but they do their own thing anyway so whatever.

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Anyone know how legit the rt.live info is?? I've been looking at it daily since TheJ posted it and the three biggest problem states are seeing green now. Cali is slacking (albeit close) but they do their own thing anyway so whatever.

I think someone mentioned previously that given the recent directive to send Covid information somewhere else that is less transparent, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

I think someone mentioned previously that given the recent directive to send Covid information somewhere else that is less transparent, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

We should've been taking it all with a grain of salt anyway. A coworker's wife is good friends with a person testing at a VA and she was directed to report many tests as positive even if they weren't to keep numbers higher. Is she lying? My coworker is someone I've known for 10 years and has zero reason to lie to me about this and I trust him. The person conducting testing, I have no clue about though. 

One thing we do know is that everyone had AZ, FL, and TX under a microscope when they started blowing up. I know for a fact AZ took big measures as my company HQ is in Tempe. I talk to people there on a daily basis. We should expect to see their number going down as a result around this time. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We should've been taking it all with a grain of salt anyway. A coworker's wife is good friends with a person testing in VA and she was directed to report many tests as positive even if they weren't to keep numbers higher. Is she lying? My coworker is someone I've known for 10 years and has zero reason to lie to me about this and I trust him. The person conducting testing, I have no clue about though. 

One thing we do know is that everyone had AZ, FL, and TX under a microscope when they started blowing up. I know for a fact AZ took big measures as my company HQ is in Tempe. I talk to people there on a daily basis. We should expect to see their number going down as a result around this time. 

I’m sure your coworker is a good person and wouldn’t lie. The person conducting the testing, on the other hand, sounds off. Not sure why they want the #s to be as high as possible in VA seeing as how no one wins. Controlling the spread means being able to reopen and get things back to somewhat normalcy. Do you also trust your coworker’s wife to not misconstrue information?

2 hours ago, Xenos said:
2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah i think i asked the same question when i posted it.  I'm not sure i believe it at this point.

6 hours ago, Xenos said:
6 hours ago, Danger said:

From what I read, normal unemployment benefits are $300 a week, yeah? $900 a week every week would be equivalent to $22.50 an hour. Seems a bit excessive. If the increased unemployment benefits are being renewed, I think it should be lessened.

Does this take into account cost of living, healthcare, etc?

Health care is the big one.  By the time you buy health insurance, a lot of that $900/week is gone.  Most people don't consider it because their employer pays for it.  Check your pay stub.  It's expensive.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

Health care is the big one.  By the time you buy health insurance, a lot of that $900/week is gone.  Most people don't consider it because their employer pays for it.  Check your pay stub.  It's expensive.

More expensive than anywhere else in the world in fact...

• Like 1