Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Could you could specify what you mean when you say no one in the world is using it? Brazil, Algeria, Morocco, Turkey, Jordan, Romania, Portugal, Kenya, Senegal, Chad, Republic of Congo, Russia, Oman, Iran, Thailand, and Cuba all use it as a treatment/preventantive.

You're right. All the doctors just love letting patients die. You caught em man.

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

At the end of the day you just need to ask yourself one thing

Do you think doctors would let patients die because of where they fall on the political spectrum?

No, I just don't understand how something can be good and bad at the same time. Unfortunately it has to be considered that one person has pumped this drug up quite a bit though and that caused it be focused on a lot more. I don't understand how you can have so much positive around something that apparently doesn't work. This is me being science-naive though.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

25 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No, I just don't understand how something can be good and bad at the same time. Unfortunately it has to be considered that one person has pumped this drug up quite a bit though and that caused it be focused on a lot more. I don't understand how you can have so much positive around something that apparently doesn't work. This is me being science-naive though.

consider breathing and oxygen.   Vital for life, but hyperventilating will cause someone to pass out.

Water, humans will die with too little over a 5ish days (related to heat and sun exposure) yet excessive consumption will have negative effects as well....even death

Food, similar in that starvation vs obesity and the ramifications of that.  

Just about everything has  a range of intake/consumption/exposure.   Too little or too much has negative consequences.  

I guess there’s a new conspiracy theory about Covid pushed by people calling themselves America’s Frontline Doctor. Apparently it’s spreading faster than even that earlier movie Plandemic. And yes, people I know on social media are posting about it 😢

Edited by Xenos

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I guess there’s a new conspiracy theory about Covid pushed by people calling themselves America’s Frontline Doctor. Apparently it’s spreading faster than even that earlier movie Plandemic. And yes, people I know on social media are posting about it 😢

Yes and some of them aren’t even licensed doctors. The woman speaking is legitimately insane. She’s basically a voodoo doctor. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The site you quoted has almost 30-40 positive articles, some peer reviewed, so yeah but are they right?

I’m sure like Shane already mentioned there can be positive results. But whether it holds up under further scrutiny is the key. I don’t think the main reasons the study was discontinued was political. The FDA did push for initially. Just that besides not showing the necessary effectiveness, it also had some adverse consequences ie. cardiac arrest.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

consider breathing and oxygen.   Vital for life, but hyperventilating will cause someone to pass out.

Water, humans will die with too little over a 5ish days (related to heat and sun exposure) yet excessive consumption will have negative effects as well....even death

Food, similar in that starvation vs obesity and the ramifications of that.  

Just about everything has  a range of intake/consumption/exposure.   Too little or too much has negative consequences.  

Ok so if we know it works in some capacity why aren't resources being used to fine tune how much to use for it to be effective? Unfortunately this doesn't really answer my question. I'm aware too much of something is bad. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yes and some of them aren’t even licensed doctors. The woman speaking is legitimately insane. She’s basically a voodoo doctor. 

To expand on this, they have direct ties to a specific person which already discredits them.

The “doctor” speaking believes in the “lizard people” conspiracy. So.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I’m sure like Shane already mentioned there can be positive results. But whether it holds up under further scrutiny is the key. I don’t think the main reasons the study was discontinued was political. The FDA did push for initially. Just that besides not showing the necessary effectiveness, it also had some adverse consequences ie. cardiac arrest.

I'm just confused how something that has so many positive remarks about it is just tossed aside. I understand side effects can be terrible but you get that with any drug. Again, sorry, I'm just really confused by this. Wish I had never seen this site

Gonna be honest, I don't understand what this conspiracy is.

I could absolutely see a conspiracy theory popping up if Hydroxychloroquine was approved. The President is a stakeholder in Sanofi, who owns the rights, and also has authority over the FDA. Motive and opportunity. Doesn't mean it's true and obviously it's not since the drug got canned, but in an alternate universe I could see people speculating about it.

The other version of this makes no sense. Somehow there would exist clear, clinical data that the FDA would have that shows this thing is safe and effective, but for political reasons it's being shelved. So that means every single employee working on the COVID response in the FDA hates the President enough to keep this secret from the American public? And meanwhile Sanofi, who will have access to all of that trial data, somehow has a multi-billion dollar winning drug resting on the shelf for no good reason and, forget calling the President directly, isn't even going to start trying to publicize that it works? How many pharma CEO statements have we posted here in the past two weeks?

I don't get this one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm just confused how something that has so many positive remarks about it is just tossed aside. I understand side effects can be terrible but you get that with any drug. Again, sorry, I'm just really confused by this. Wish I had never seen this site

Don’t apologize. You didn’t do anything wrong. I mean it’s part of discussion and why this thread exist. So don’t be sorry for posting it and wondering why. I have a lot of questions as well. It probably helps that I have doctors and scientists in my family and friend group to answer a lot of them. But it’s always good to see new things. 

• Like 1